• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Walked back to the car. On comes 5Live and the first voice I hear is PB, covering the Wigan v West Ham game! :smile:

Help please, as a "saga lout", I'm unfamiliar with the "wiggle it" bit......and it's late at night (for me)...could fellow SZ's please help me understand....just so as I can be "down with the kids"....no offence intended...:unsure:

Help please, as a "saga lout", I'm unfamiliar with the "wiggle it" bit......and it's late at night (for me)...could fellow SZ's please help me understand....just so as I can be "down with the kids"....no offence intended...:unsure:

The crowd used to sing it to CP when he did his wiggle to go one way then wiggled the other way, as he ghosted past his hapless opponent in the early 90s. Taken from the song in the earlier YouTube clip. Such good memories, but they say if you remember the early 90s then you probably wasn't there...... or was that the 60s? :winking:
As I'm also a saga lout, it's not necessarily down with the kids that you need to get. :nope:

Sour grapes from their manager:-

Alexander did not agree with the sending off of Burgess who received his second yellow card of the game late on.

“There were other challenged in the second half both on Ryan Yates that were very late and much worse than the one on Cameron that weren’t dealt with by a yellow card,” Alexander said.

“I spoke with the fourth official and he completely agreed. I said as long as it was consistent and we got given that freedom.

“But we weren’t and the crowd worked their magic but what can you do.”

I didn't think it worthy of a second yellow. One of those "I couldn't get out of the way" moments.

Yes. I am not sure if Turner had done the same, for example, we'd all say "Yep" Definite yellow!" Or second, in this case.

The beautiful irony of this discussion is that he did get the red , regardless of our opinions, and off he went taking his time of course to pull out his shin pads when he got towards the touchline. We take the resultant free kick and Turner does the biz. Delightful stuff. Get in.

The beautiful irony of this discussion is that he did get the red , regardless of our opinions, and off he went taking his time of course to pull out his shin pads when he got towards the touchline. We take the resultant free kick and Turner does the biz. Delightful stuff. Get in.

The best bit was just a minute later Graham Alexander moaning to the 4th official about us wasting his precious injury time celebrating our winner in the corner.

You missed a good one!

We're still here next Saturday - let's hope the result is the same - then we might have to stay a bit longer.
It was a pleasure listening to a refreshed Paul Clark - he was overjoyed with change in emphasis in the tactics!

Walked back to the car. On comes 5Live and the first voice I hear is PB, covering the Wigan v West Ham game! :smile:

He he always knew where his priorities were when it came to cup ties. Perhaps Ron should tell him as part of his gardening leave conditions he should be forced to watch us play the CP way!

“But we weren’t and the crowd worked their magic but what can you do.”

There you go.

Crowd gets at the Scunny players and the ref and it rattles them!

Top marks for us lot! :thumbsup::cool:

There you go.

Crowd gets at the Scunny players and the ref and it rattles them!

Top marks for us lot! :thumbsup::cool:

And this extract from the Scunthorpe Telegrah no less:

'Good defending from Cameron Burgess saw him head behind from nearly on the line and then from the resulting corner, Fortune forced a fine reflex save from Rory Watson, who clawed it away. That seemed to give the home side the confidence to attack more roared on by a vociferous Roots Hall crowd.'

Take a bow the Blues faithful.

.... :clap::clap::thumbsup::happy::happy:

Mentioned in my MR&R that TBV were superb. Especially after we went a goal behind!

Kudos!

A decent level of vocal support is only a good thing. Roots hall can rock at times. It's a tight old school ground and opposing players will.feel the squeeze as it were while lifting our own players.

Back