• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wonder what SKY's reasoning is behind today.

On Good Friday, they had three live matches on.

Today, only two at 1:00pm and 7:45pm, so why couldn't our game have kicked off at 5:15pm and been on TV today.

Last edited:
If, as Phil says, the season's dreams are over then this game ought to be the start of planning for next season.
And a time to play for contracts and play with freedom.
AND, after my comments above, the fringe, not too sure future players need to be given their chance so O'Neil, the Pole, MacL need to get game time; AND we need to have some width and crosses for Ty to get on to.

5550 home seats sold. I think we will be very lucky to make 7k assuming that Sheffield will bring 5-600.

I was really looking forward to this one, even when it was re-arranged. The prospect of two SUFCs both being in contention for play-off spots and the fact that one of them (Sheffield) was a 'big' club made it look very tasty. Events have tempered my enthusiasm a bit with the Rochdale result, Sheffield being no better placed than us points wise, both clubs looking like they will miss the play-offs and now Phil's 5 Live comments, it sort of takes the edge off the game. No doubt come Wednesday I will be fired up from the kick-off..............

Wonder what SKY's reasoning is behind today.

On Good Friday, they had three live matches on.

Today, only two at 1:00pm and 7:45pm, so why couldn't our game have kicked off at 5:15pm and been on TV today.

Or, god forbid, 3 o'clock?

The changes will surprise some, but its the formation that will surprise everyone on here.

Isn't there more money involved the higher you finish in the table at the end of the season? If so play your strongest team,, finish as high as we can and see where that takes us!

Isn't there more money involved the higher you finish in the table at the end of the season? If so play your strongest team,, finish as high as we can and see where that takes us!

Also, we need to finish in the top half top ensure that we are seeded for the 1st round of the League Cup next season.

Hello everyone.
Hope you enjoy us footballing you to death tomorrow :nope:
Sadly I won't be attending. Not sadly because I can't afford it or don't have the time, but because sadly, we're shoite and I can't be arsed!
Impossible to call this one.
Well, not quite impossible. SUFC will come away with at least a point :smile:
God bless you all.

The BIG DAY and game has arrived; this was almost the very first fixture I searched the list for so, so many months ago. All eager and buzzing.
Today? I feel a little interest but not a lot, hopefully we will be entertained.

The BIG DAY and game has arrived; this was almost the very first fixture I searched the list for so, so many months ago. All eager and buzzing.
Today? I feel a little interest but not a lot, hopefully we will be entertained.

I know what you mean. But once you've been through whatever rituals you follow before the game and you're in the ground under the lights you'll feel better. That's the theory anyway.

I just hope I can get parked in Prittlewell Chase without having to get there at 5:00pm!!

Back