• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm not 100% convinced we played 4-4-2 on Saturday, it seemed to me we started 4-3-1-2 with Wordsworth the one behind the two strikers. It was my birthday, and I was already kind of drunk by that point but Wordsworth definitely was not on the wide left as has been suggested. It could have been a diamond with Leonard the holding, Timlin left, Worrall right and Wordsworth the tip?

Anyway, I'd go conventional 4-4-2 for Shrewsbury and replace Wordsworth with McLaughlin - play McLaughlin on the left and get him to keep whipping balls in the box and Mooney and Hunt will have a field day.

We just need to keep an eye on how the midfield sits cos it seems to me that whichever side Worrall goes the other side is narrow and open for a counter attack down that wing straight to our fullback :unsure:

It's 4-4-2 again like the Peterborough game, maybe one change if Coker not fit for tomorrow, O'Neil to play at RB with white switching over to the left. Timlin playing wide left work wonder for us in the last two games.

For anyone foolish enough to believe (and I don't think there are many!) that we just have to turn up on Saturday for the three points, i suggest looking at Shrewsbury's form this season.

8 Aug Shrewsbury 1-2 Millwall + - -
15 Aug Bradford 1-1 Shrewsbury - - -
18 Aug Shrewsbury 1-2 Chesterfield + - -
22 Aug Oldham 1-1 Shrewsbury - - -
29 Aug Shrewsbury 0-1 Burton Albion - - +
5 Sep Barnsley 1-2 Shrewsbury + - -

Whilst at home, they have so far been catastrophic, on the road they have proved very effective. They started with two good draws at Bradford and Oldham, then getting their first victory at Barnsley last Saturday. Like us they have yet to be beaten away and have not failed to score on either of their three outings. Have a feeling we may have to settle for a point tomorrow. :sad:

A win would be a very good result. Interesting how last year their home form was outstanding and their away patchy, and now it seems to be in reverse although obviously it's still very early.

Where did the OS get the info. that if we avoid defeat Saturday it will be 5 games unbeaten? Very amateur.

Has to be 4-4-2 like last week. Was so refreshing to actually see us play some football and I liked the fact that we didn't sit on the 1 goal and let them come at us

I would use the same starting 11 also, but isnt Barrett & Coker injury doubts at this stage for saturday.

Barrett took part in a full training session yesterday and seemed as fine and competitive as ever. Coker came out towards the end of the session and was doing lots of running and stretching under the watch of physio/fitness team. Clarkson believs Coker will be fir for saturday.

However when training with a full XI they played O'Neil at right back and White at left.

Bentley
White Rea Barrett Coker(if fit otherwise O'Neil)
Worrall Leonard Timlin McLaughlin
Hunt Mooney

old fashioned 442..

3-1 southend Mooney, Hunt, McLaughlin

happy days

simples ;)

Back