• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United v Sunderland

Xàbia Shrimper

Co-founder of ShrimperZone
SOUTHEND UNITED 3-1 SUNDERLAND

SOUTHEND: Flahavan, Francis, Prior (Clarke 38mins), Barrett, Hammell, Campbell-Ryce (Lawson 73mins), Guttridge, Maher, Gower, Bradbury, Eastwood (Hunt 84mins).
Subs: Cole, Collis.
Goals: Barrett 46mins, 68mins; Bradbury 89mins.

SUNDERLAND: Alnwick, Wright, Collins N, Cunningham, Elliott R, Leadbitter (Riera 55mins), Whitehead, Delap (Kyle 70mins), Elliott S, Stead, Murphy.
Subs: Collins D, Lawrence, Ward.
Booked: Whitehead (Unsporting Behaviour), Wright (Unsporting Behaviour)
Goals: Stead 93mins

Referee: J Singh (Middlesex)

Attendance: 9,848

Southend United: 12th
Sunderland: 24th

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 19 2006,15:42)]SOUTHEND: Flahavan, Francis, Prior, Barrett, Hammell, Campbell-Ryce, Guttridge, Maher, Gower, Bradbury, Eastwood.
Subs: Lawson, Cole, Clarke, Hunt, Collis.

SUNDERLAND: Alnwick, Wright, Collins, Cunningham, Elliott R, Leadbetter, Whitehead, Delap, Elliott S, Stead, Murphy.
Subs: Kyle, Riera, Collins, Lawrence, Ward.

Referee: Singh

Attendance:
still no changes - well, if nothing else, Tilly is consistent with his team selection, although if this doesn't result in a win today, then changes WILL have to be made for the next match. I am all for continuing with an unchanged side, should the results be positive and not losses.

Al

And this is THE match thread, yes? We're not going to have six different ones are we?
wink.gif

Prior went off after 37 minutes with an 'ankle injury' to be replaced by Clarke.

Anyone else think it was planned....let him get his 500th apearence then bring in the new long term replacment?!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ Aug. 19 2006,16:57)]Prior went off after 37 minutes with an 'ankle injury' to be replaced by Clarke.
... which is why I edited the opening post on this thread soon after, Matt!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ Aug. 19 2006,15:57)]Prior went off after 37 minutes with an 'ankle injury' to be replaced by Clarke.

Anyone else think it was planned....let him get his 500th apearence then bring in the new long term replacment?!
Strange one eh?

If it emerges that Paul Brush ran on to the pitch and nobbled Prior with a large spanner then I'll start getting really suspicious.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ Aug. 19 2006,16:57)]Anyone else think it was planned....let him get his 500th apearence then bring in the new long term replacment?!
laugh.gif

No!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (swanseashrimper @ Aug. 19 2006,16:10)]Anybody else got commentary problems? it's switched to the Col ewe game
Me too. I'm having to listen to a rather naff Sunderland commentary.
He's just described Bradbury as 'portly'.
biggrin.gif

Shrimper's leading goalscorer! Adam Barrett

Shrimpers 2 Sunderland 0

'Portly' Bradbury gets our third
Shrimpers 3 Sunderland 0

Back