• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm going to throw it out there and say if Hunt isn't fit to be in the squad why not put Williams on the bench? Offers another option.

Probably, especially if we do start with 2.

He did travel to Doncaster so he is in consideration.

Don't need to drop anyone from the bench. Bolger isn't playing.

The plan is a loanee will be in and will be on the bench. If all goes to plan.

Don't need to drop anyone from the bench. Bolger isn't playing.

I'm assuming someone is coming in on loan as a replacement/CB backup.

Deegan is there to help close out games. He's needed on the bench.

We need to be bringing in quality that's an upgrade on what we've already got. Williams might not be far away from an appearance but let's not forget, he's not played in the league yet and he didn't exactly tear up trees in the pre season.

Win, lose or draw it's gonna be scorching hot sitting in the east stand tomorrow with that sun, will make sure I have a couple of beers before the game :winking:

My crystal ball tells me that Hunt will start tomorrow.

Anyway - a big welcome back to one of our old players - Mark Cooper - son of Terry Cooper of Leeds fame (or should that be infamy) and England international.

I remember seeing Mark play for us at Roots Hall - or was he just on loan (in the early days of the system I think) - that must be the mid 1980's I'm guessing.

Assuming Hunt will be playing in a front 2, who do you drop from midfield? It's not an easy choice imo.

I'd drop Hurst and play Atkinson on the right. Atkinson isn't great, but he'll keep it tight and simple, and he played well on Wednesday.

:off topic: .........but I hardly think it deserves a new thread. My brother went to a wedding in Budapest about a week ago and claims that, at the evening reception, Ron Martin was sitting at the table next to his. I did remonstrate with him as to why he didn't ask when FF was going to be started.

2-0 to the Blues,though it'll be hard work with this heat,reckon about 7'500 crowd,Swindon will bring a fair few.come on you mighty mighty Shrimpers.:loyalsupporter:

Bentley,
White, Prosser, Barrett, Coker,
Atkinson, Leonard, Timlin, Worrall,
Mooney, Hunt

Subs: Ted Smith, O'Neill, Wordsworth, Deegan, Payne, Weston, Pigott

Tough call to leave out Hurst or Deegan from the bench for me.

Can see Brown being tempted by 4-5-1 given Swindon's strong attack and how well it worked in midweek, albeit away from home, but if Hunt's fit enough to start I hope he is in the line up.

Back