• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Torquay United, Sunday 15th May, 15:00ko, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Super Steve Arnold in goal

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Leon Davies

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 32 72.7%
  • Ollie Kensdale

• Joe Gubbins

Votes: 30 68.2%
  • Harrison Neal

Votes: 31 70.5%
  • Will Atkinson

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Jack Bridge

• Callum Powell

Votes: 21 47.7%
  • Harry Cardwell

• Sam Dalby

Votes: 31 70.5%
  • Matt Dennis

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Jon Benton

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Lewis Gard

• James Dunne

• Noor Husin

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • John White

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Kenny Clark

• Tom Clifford

• Nathan Ralph

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 2 4.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Win

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Draw

• Lose

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember them winning promotion at Roots Hall (2002 / 2003 ?). Tilly made our side stay out and watch them celebrate, and used it as motivation for the next season. It worked as we went up via the play-offs IIRC
I remember that game well. We struggled to get tickets and ended up in the away end sat a couple of rows behind Helen Chamberlain.
Had to do the usual "pretend to be excited" when they scored thing although for us it was a nothing game so it didn't hurt too much. Its weird being in a crowd celebrating promotion when it doesn't mean anything to you!

I remember that game well. We struggled to get tickets and ended up in the away end sat a couple of rows behind Helen Chamberlain.
Had to do the usual "pretend to be excited" when they scored thing although for us it was a nothing game so it didn't hurt too much. Its weird being in a crowd celebrating promotion when it doesn't mean anything to you!
I remember that game very well too. Seeing them get promoted was definitely a motivation for us. For the players yes, but I clearly remember looking at the Torquay fans and supporters celebrating and thinking 'we're going to that next season'. It wasn't based simply on a naive hopefulness though because we'd shown enough that season in climbing away from relegation to provide evidence we would definitely be competing next time around.

Do we got into next season with those feelings? Not quite but we're not too far off either.

Be aware anyone coming into city from west on A127, more roadworks at Bell junction with lane coned off and backed up to Tescos. No right turn into Hobleythick Lane either.

Be aware anyone coming into city from west on A127, more roadworks at Bell junction with lane coned off and backed up to Tescos. No right turn into Hobleythick Lane either.

That's everyone's preferred route coming into the City to watch a match. No thought process there then....

so what clever dick has been doing a rain dance for their garden today. The forecast was meant to be warm with sunny periods. All i can see at the moment is rain and overcast. Doh.

so what clever dick has been doing a rain dance for their garden today. The forecast was meant to be warm with sunny periods. All i can see at the moment is rain and overcast. Doh.

It's predicted to rain until 17.00, that said, it's pretty muggy out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back