• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Tranmere Rovers

I’m not even going to look at the negatives, I’m just going to take some pleasure from a clean sheet, double digits, and still unbeaten in 2020..

I'm sorry, but they were useless. Why do we persist we such a defensive formation against that crap, if we'd have actually been a bit more positive, we could have won that!!

I'm sorry, but they were useless. Why do we persist we such a defensive formation against that crap, if we'd have actually been a bit more positive, we could have won that!!

Perhaps because we don't have the players we need to defend or take control of games?

FWIW,I'd agree that Tranmere are a poor side but we'reeven worse

Well, that was a really entertaining 'League Two' game, very little League One quality from either side. There was lots of effort and endeavour if not much skill but you can't say we weren't trying. We kept a clean sheet and they kept eleven players on the pitch..........just. Of course, a point in our nearly hopeless situation is as good as a hole in the head. The real frustration is that, if we could get a win, perhaps that would start us on some magical run but of course, it probably wouldn't work like that. Anyway, on to Accrington......another side not doing too well at the moment. A win...........just a win...........pleeeeeaaaase!

Let me guess... Sol out, right?

It wasn’t enough to want rid of Powell, Bond or Waddock, might aswell chalk up another one, eh?

Where does it stop? One more manager before the end of the season? Two? Three? Ten? How many managers “failing” will it take people to realise that it’s not a managerial shortcoming we have that’s lead us to this position, it’s a myriad of problems that have all occurred at the same time.

Nothing will change within this club, until the existing lot are gone, and new blood is brought in. It’s a bitter pill to swallow, I know, but swallow it, we must.

Perhaps because we don't have the players we need to defend or take control of games?

FWIW,I'd agree that Tranmere are a poor side but we'reeven worse

Incredible that this has to be pointed out, but there you go.

Let me guess... Sol out, right?

It wasn’t enough to want rid of Powell, Bond or Waddock, might aswell chalk up another one, eh?

Where does it stop? One more manager before the end of the season? Two? Three? Ten? How many managers “failing” will it take people to realise that it’s not a managerial shortcoming we have that’s lead us to this position, it’s a myriad of problems that have all occurred at the same time.

Nothing will change within this club, until the existing lot are gone, and new blood is brought in. It’s a bitter pill to swallow, I know, but swallow it, we must.

Incredible that this has to be pointed out, but there you go.

No, I don't want Sol out, and I'm happy he's here. I just don't like that formation; it's never worked and is never going to. I'm hoping that it's just temporary until we get a left back, but we really need to beat teams like Tranmere, but we won't when we play 5 at the back

No, I don't want Sol out, and I'm happy he's here. I just don't like that formation; it's never worked and is never going to. I'm hoping that it's just temporary until we get a left back, but we really need to beat teams like Tranmere, but we won't when we play 5 at the back

Look, I agree wholeheartedly. I’ve never been, and never will be, an advocate of playing five at the back, certainly not against an equally **** side, and certainly not at home.

But with this lot, we know that if they concede first, there’s little chance of us getting anything from the game.

The season, sadly, is gone for us. It’s now all about trying to eradicate that losing mentality within the squad.

And so far, it’s working.

We lost our first four league games under Sol, which of course wasn’t very encouraging. But we’re now unbeaten in our last three. Slowly but surely, the tide will turn.

I can’t say whether Sol will be a success at Roots Hall - personally I don’t think he will - but let’s see what he can do, once he’s actually had a fair amount of time to get his own players in, & implement a mindset into them.

We didn’t win today. But we didn’t lose. And we didn’t ship four goals. Or seven. That has to be seen as a positive. A small, almost insignificant one, but a positive nonetheless.

Back