• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

blue79

Banned
I think it will be better to get the Bradford debacle out of the way and focus on the next one.

As we know the Wombles do concede goals alarmingly but they certainly know where the back of the net is.

Cue Jack midson.

With their breakaways and goal scoring prowess I wonder how our defence will cope without possibly Clohessy amd maybe Barker.

How would you re-arrange things at the back.

Just hope also freddy coming off yesterday was a precaution.

What team can you pick??

Benyon & Clohessy suspended, Hills was subbed because he wasn't fit? Barker & Eastwood off with injuries.

If them three unavailable it doesn't leave a lot to choose from. Is Flood still with us at the moment?

Belford

Grant Phillips Prosser Gilbert

Hall Ferdinand Timlin Martin

Harris Mohsni

Subs: Sawyer Sturrock Bentley errrrrrr​

Maybe Sturrock up top with Harris, Mohsni at CB with Prosser going to LB, but there's not a lot left..:'(

What team can you pick??

Benyon & Clohessy suspended, Hills was subbed because he wasn't fit? Barker & Eastwood off with injuries.

If them three unavailable it doesn't leave a lot to choose from. Is Flood still with us at the moment?

Belford

Grant Phillips Prosser Gilbert

Hall Ferdinand Timlin Martin

Harris Mohsni

Subs: Sawyer Sturrock Bentley errrrrrr​

Maybe Sturrock up top with Harris, Mohsni at CB with Prosser going to LB, but there's not a lot left..:'(
Blair went off injured from the reserve game quite early on last week, so not sure if he's fit. Anto Flood was quoted as saying he was going out on loan presumably to an Irish club, I'd certainly hold fire on that at the moment and have him ready to feature in this game. I'm also hopeful that Hills was getting over the bug that was mentioned so with a further 48 hours passing, he'll be better placed to play. As Barker was unable to continue on Saturday, I'm going to assume he won't be fit for Monday's game. Also, let's not forget that Kane was actually a centre back before Sturrock put him in midfield, he should be able to slot into defence.

On the assumption Barker joins the two suspended as unavailable, this is how I'd line up:
GK - Belford
Defence - Mohsni, Phillips, Prosser, Hills (or Gilbert)
Midfield - Hall, Timlin, Grant, Martin
Forwards - Harris and Eastwood

Bench - Ferdinand, Sawyer, Flood, Woodyard, Gilbert/Bentley or one of the yoofies.

If Hills is not fit, how about Nesbitt at left back? he signed a 2 year pro deal last summer and looked ok in a couple of appearances he made last season. Without Clohessy we have no attacking full back, Gilbert is not that, yet Nesbitt likes getting foward.

Belford
Ferdinand/Grant, Phillips, Prosser, Nesbitt
Martin, Timlin, Ferdinand/Grant, Hall
Harris, Mohsni

Subs, Sawyer, Gilbert, Crawford and if fit enough 2 of Hills, Eastwood, Sturrock or Flood if he is still with us.

If Hills is not fit, how about Nesbitt at left back? he signed a 2 year pro deal last summer and looked ok in a couple of appearances he made last season. Without Clohessy we have no attacking full back, Gilbert is not that, yet Nesbitt likes getting foward.
Yeah, I've quite liked Nesbitt but haven't heard anything of him lately so assumed he was out on loan somewhere. Just don't think Sturrock would play Nesbitt over Gilbert - whatever we think of him!

Yeah, I've quite liked Nesbitt but haven't heard anything of him lately so assumed he was out on loan somewhere. Just don't think Sturrock would play Nesbitt over Gilbert - whatever we think of him!

On loan at Thurrock according to his Wiki. I would go with Alex's team except with Hall and Martin on opposite wings... :winking:

Belford
Ferdinand - Phillips - Prosser - Gilbert
Hall - Grant - Timlin - Martin
Mohsni - Harris

Subs: Bentley - Coughlan - Sawyer - Sturrock - Flood

Have to have a goalie on the bench IMO as the luck we're having Belford will probably get injured and Mohsni would have to go in goal. What an awful bench that it though goals wise.

I thought Eastwood was going to turn around the clubs fortunes ! A weeks a long time in football funny how every player we bring in is unfit .untill money is invested in the playing staff it's going to be league 2 for a few years more

3-0 win, we could not have a better fixture after witnessing our poor performance on Friday in what is a terribly inconsistent second half of season showing. Wimbledon are safe and if we get in front will roll over, they have nothing to play for and based on second half of season form would have been relegated. It does not matter who plays for us tomorrow, we have too much to play for and those that come in will hopefully stake a claim for a regular place.

Belford
Grant-Phillips-Prosser-Gilbert
Hall-Ferdinand-Timlin-Martin
Mohsni-Harris

subs Bentley-Coughlan-Hills-Sawyer-Crawford. If Freddy OK for 20 mins+ put him on bench.

Crowd of 6000 with 600 wombles.

Scorers Harris, Mohsni + Hall

Back