• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Woking, Saturday 13th November, 3.00pm, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 81 87.1%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 53 57.0%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • John White

Votes: 41 44.1%
  • Kacper Lopata

Votes: 82 88.2%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 63 67.7%
  • Charlie Sayers

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 79 84.9%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • James Dunne

Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Abu Ogogo

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Harry Phillips

Votes: 52 55.9%
  • Zak Brunt

Votes: 82 88.2%
  • Louis Walsh

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Matt Dennis

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 74 79.6%
  • Sam Dalby

Votes: 74 79.6%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Erin Kinali

Votes: 6 6.5%

Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Win

Votes: 45 48.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 19 20.4%
  • Lose

Votes: 6 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This should be a good measure of our progress under new management. A mid table side at home. Not ambitious confident high-flyers, but not a basket case like Dover either.

A half decent performance and the right result will go a long way to calming nerves and bringing back belief that we can compete at this level.

I know a fair bit about Woking, and not just because my best man is a Cards season ticket holder, lol!
Alan Dowson is a canny manager as they say around his hometown, Gateshead.
And like us, their ground development plans stretch back decades, and oft blamed for holding them back.
However, their real EFL challenge back in the day petered out when everyone else was going full-time and they couldn't.
Kingfield has one very good modern stand behind one goal, but the rest is a collection of bike sheds or open shallow terracing.
Have a guess which part is designated for away fans. Think February and pouring rain!
Their 2,000 diehards are pragmatists to a man and woman, and expect to struggle.
It's that lack of expectation that has kept them in the NL, unlike some clubs who claim they're going to smash this 'two-bob league'.

I don't think we will see much change from last Saturday depending on late fitness tests.

Arnold
White Lopata Hobson
Howard Dunne Ferguson Bridge
Brunt
Murphy Dalby
Subs: Arnold, Sayers, Ogogo, Walsh, Rush

Hopefully, from that lineup, Lopata will be ok to come straight in after his flight and Murphy will be 100% ready. I think Rush will come in for Murphy if he isn't ready.

I hope Ralph will be ready, but I doubt he will be 100% to start. Otherwise I'd have him LCB and Hobson RCB. Phillips could come in for Ferguson too if he has shaken his knock.

Demetriou and Ogogo also up for selection again, but I'm not convinced either would improve the starting line-up. Maybe Ogogo on the bench.

That still leaves out Egbri, Dennis, Kinali, and Atkinson (keep forgetting we have him).
@Chapperz - that Arnold certainly gets about. If he gets injured will he be subbed by himself? :ROFL:

I deleted the app in error,can u remind me how to get it back please !????
The thread is a Sticky at the top of the ChitChat forum:

Go to post #1 and then click on the CStevens link. Provided @Spaceman Spiff keeps on replenishing the games drop down menu there you will get the numbers.

Having to miss this one due to a wicked bout of flu :Thumbs down:
Same team that beat Dover if possible, let's get 2 wins in a row in the league :Happy:

The one thing I associate with Woking is Paul Weller and I hope tomorrow afternoon ‘You’re the Best Thing’ is going to be Southend United. Cheers ?

The thread is a Sticky at the top of the ChitChat forum:

Go to post #1 and then click on the CStevens link. Provided @Spaceman Spiff keeps on replenishing the games drop down menu there you will get the numbers.
Thank u !????

Saturday morning. Match day. I know we all need to be patient. The resurgence of our club under the Fab Four of Kevin, Darren, Mark and Stan will take time. I know that. So why is there a voice inside my head screaming "We must win today!" Deep breaths. More deep breaths. Be patient, be calm.......be happy with a draw.

Happy with a draw against Woking? Woking? Only a couple of years ago we were playing Sunderland, Coventry, Portsmouth......

Stop it! Be calm, be patient. We will play those teams again as we make our irresistible rise through the leagues. But it will take time. Be patient.....

Barling Magna
The patient.

From the Woking fans forum. A bit cheeky......

Southend-on-Sea, is a large coastal town and unitary authority area with borough status in south eastern Essex. It lies on the north side of the Thames Estuary and smells like it. It is bordered to the north by Rochford and to the west by Castle Point. It has a one and a third mile pier so if you want to jump into the water at the end you will avoid the raw sewage. Southend also has a small funicular lift because residents are too lazy or too fat to walk up to the high street from the seafront. They were expected to be challengers for the National league this season, how’s that going?

Prediction: SOUTHEND 2 (Murphy, Dalby) WOKING 2 (Max Alexander Kretzschmar, Tahvon Ravell Campbell)
Ref 5/10
Attendance 5402
Weather Cloudy with small possibility of sunshine 10 degrees mostly dry wind 15mph nw.

At least he predicts a draw, even if he doesn't seem to realise that we're now a city.

Southend has 3 Blue Flag beaches. How many have Woking got? Just wondering.

If Ralph is back (he should be) then I'd be tempted to play 4-4-2 in this one.

Arnold

Demi Lopata Hobson Ralph

Walsh Dunne Brunt Bridge

Murphy Dalby

I’m visiting before the game. Anyone know if there is a cab rank at Rochford Airport station?

If Ralph is back (he should be) then I'd be tempted to play 4-4-2 in this one.

Arnold

Demi Lopata Hobson Ralph

Walsh Dunne Brunt Bridge

Murphy Dalby
I think until we get someone with legs and energy in the middle of midfield to replace Dunne, I think the concern will be that a 442 will see us be overrun.

Back