• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Wycombe Wanderers - Saturday 13 April 2019

Team choice plus win / lose / draw

• Nathan Bishop

Votes: 105 71.4%
  • Mark Oxley

Votes: 29 19.7%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 128 87.1%
  • Harry Lennon

Votes: 114 77.6%
  • John White

Votes: 54 36.7%
  • Rob Kiernan

Votes: 124 84.4%
  • Sam Hart

• Taylor Moore

Votes: 66 44.9%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Michael Turner

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Michael Kightly

Votes: 47 32.0%
  • Luke Hyam

Votes: 114 77.6%
  • Timothee Dieng

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Dru Yearwood

Votes: 82 55.8%
  • Sam Mantom

Votes: 79 53.7%
  • Harry Bunn

Votes: 78 53.1%
  • Stephen McLaughlin

Votes: 29 19.7%
  • Simon Cox

• Stephen Humphrys

Votes: 111 75.5%
  • Charlie Kelman

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • Isaac Hutchinson

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Emile Acquah

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Michael Klass

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • __________

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Win

Votes: 90 61.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 5 3.4%

• Total voters
Sam Hart has pulled a fair amount of disinterest/critcism in a SZ poll on retaining our loanees. Strangely, he has managed to once again poll the most votes to date by SZ voters for this Saturday's starting eleven. He has also managed to top the 'starting eleven poll votes for the last few games. I find stuff quite confusing on here at times.

Surely Rhb, with all your experience.....confusing / SZ ……relax, it's normal...weirdly

Taken a look at our form and of our last 8 away matches we've only lost 3 of them. Meanwhile we've lost 6 of our last 8 home games, hopefully Bond takes a look at the tactics we've adopted at home recently and does something completely different because that's where the real issues lie.

Sam Hart has pulled a fair amount of disinterest/critcism in a SZ poll on retaining our loanees. Strangely, he has managed to once again poll the most votes to date by SZ voters for this Saturday's starting eleven. He has also managed to top the 'starting eleven poll votes for the last few games. I find stuff quite confusing on here at times.

The silent majority

Wouldn't it be better if they were comfortably in third place, with the play-offs to face?

No. They've already announced that they don't want to chance the play-offs, and are going for 1st or 2nd place. So we want them with promotion wrapped up. They will then play many fringe players, and won't be putting in the be all and end all effort our team will if we need any points for survival. Hopefully, we won't need the points by then if we can win some games.

Last edited:
No. They've already announced that they don't want to chance the play-offs, and are going for 1st or 2nd place. So we want them with promotion wrapped up. They will then play many fringe players, and won't be putting in the be all and end all effort our team will if we need any points for survival. Hopefully, we won't need the points by then if we can win some games.

I think the point yogi bear was making, if on the last game of the season Sunderland can't get automatic promotion, and are therefore only guaranteed a play-off slot, that would be better.

Knowing they have a play-off game coming and no chance of autos, that's when they are more likely to rest players.

Personally I think that's the best scenario as well.

I think the point yogi bear was making, if on the last game of the season Sunderland can't get automatic promotion, and are therefore only guaranteed a play-off slot, that would be better.

Knowing they have a play-off game coming and no chance of autos, that's when they are more likely to rest players.

That is true and your right about Yogi.

Still an even better option would be to win 2 and draw 2 of our next 4 games, so at worst draw Saturdays game. Lets hope the fans realise that if we go a goal down......Far to many games lately have been wrongly labelled 'must win'.

I think this has added to the pressure. yes of course I want to win but if your a goal down the only way that happens is if you play for a draw first,......Something we haven't manged in 12 league games at RH and we have seen us go out of all 3 cups at home. The last 3 games at RH were the worst of the lot. You could see the players just accept defeat after the first goal and fans leaving early.

That's not tactics that is attitude, We don't need any magic formations or tactics just some effort and pride like when we played Pompey and dare I say witnessed some good signs at Fleetwood last week.

Lets make sure we do our bit, tickets are selling well, just one left in the greens when I collected mine yesterday lunch time. Time to forget why we are 4th from bottom, that can come later because right now we are in this together and I feel absolutely sure with the right atmosphere on Saturday we will get the result and kick on to L1 safety.

That is the best scenario, but. Sunderland are second already with a game in hand and with momentum. 40 odd Thousand roaring them on in home games. Sell out away following. Not lost for 19 games. They would have to be 4 points or more behind the second team when they play us for that best scenario. I just can't see that happening.

Scenarios eh? They are many and various. But the best one would be if we give those Northern monkeys a bloody good thwacking to finish off our season on a high, regardless of whether this post is so far off topic that it deserves to be moved elsewhere!!!

Scenarios eh? They are many and various. But the best one would be if we give those Northern monkeys a bloody good thwacking to finish off our season on a high, regardless of whether this post is so far off topic that it deserves to be moved elsewhere!!!

Lol, You should know by now Rootshallbloke, that threads rarely stay completely on topic if they go a few pages. Someone once said on here that the starting thread is the tree trunk, and then posters add branches, some going all over the place. It's just the nature of forums and posters.

SOUTHEND United fans feel Saturday’s crunch clash with Wycombe Wanderers is even bigger than when the two sides met at Wembley back in 2015.

More...

Back