• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Wycombe Wanderers - Saturday 13 April 2019

Team choice plus win / lose / draw

• Nathan Bishop

Votes: 105 71.4%
  • Mark Oxley

Votes: 29 19.7%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 128 87.1%
  • Harry Lennon

Votes: 114 77.6%
  • John White

Votes: 54 36.7%
  • Rob Kiernan

Votes: 124 84.4%
  • Sam Hart

• Taylor Moore

Votes: 66 44.9%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Michael Turner

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Michael Kightly

Votes: 47 32.0%
  • Luke Hyam

Votes: 114 77.6%
  • Timothee Dieng

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Dru Yearwood

Votes: 82 55.8%
  • Sam Mantom

Votes: 79 53.7%
  • Harry Bunn

Votes: 78 53.1%
  • Stephen McLaughlin

Votes: 29 19.7%
  • Simon Cox

• Stephen Humphrys

Votes: 111 75.5%
  • Charlie Kelman

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • Isaac Hutchinson

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Emile Acquah

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Michael Klass

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • __________

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Win

Votes: 90 61.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 5 3.4%

• Total voters
SOUTHEND United defender John White is refusing to put too much importance on tomorrow’s clash with Wycombe Wanderers at Roots Hall.

More...

"but an Echosport poll revealed fans feel Saturday’s clash holds more significance than the Wembley final. "

In which case the Echosport poll was completed by idiots.

The Wembley play-off determined absolutely whether we'd be playing in League One or League Two the following season.

This match tomorrow will just go a small way to determining that same outcome. We could win tomorrow and go down; we could lose and stay up.

I don't think a sending off for the opposition always turns out to be a good thing.

Very true. But them playing with 11 men hasn’t been working out fabulously for us and having one less is marginally better in most cases, or significantly sometimes. Besides, why stop at one? Perhaps two or three of their lads could have an on-pitch fight and get binned accordingly.

The playoff final highlights were just on sky again.

That game was so much bigger than this one! Nothing will be decided tomorrow. On that occasion, our fate was decided. Decided in spectacular fashion may I add!

Very true. But them playing with 11 men hasn’t been working out fabulously for us and having one less is marginally better in most cases, or significantly sometimes. Besides, why stop at one? Perhaps two or three of their lads could have an on-pitch fight and get binned accordingly.

The way things have been I think the only way we'll ever win a match again is by the opposition going down to 7 men and us being awarded the points.

The way things have been I think the only way we'll ever win a match again is by the opposition going down to 7 men and us being awarded the points.

Not as easy as that; have to get rid of 5 of them !

"but an Echosport poll revealed fans feel Saturday’s clash holds more significance than the Wembley final. "

In which case the Echosport poll was completed by idiots.

The Wembley play-off determined absolutely whether we'd be playing in League One or League Two the following season.

This match tomorrow will just go a small way to determining that same outcome. We could win tomorrow and go down; we could lose and stay up.

Mathematically you are quite correct but phychologically this game is huge. So much so that if we don’t win this one then I think we’re done for

Last edited:
HARRY Redknapp will be at Roots Hall for Southend United’s clash with Wycombe Wanderers tomorrow.

More...
Echo articles on the Blues just get shorter and shorter. It's got to the point where stories exist only to get clicks. Poor old Chris Phillips, soon his tweets will be longer than his articles. Must be a bit demoralising.

The playoff final highlights were just on sky again.
I watched the Southend United v Wycombe Wanderers Playoff Final Highlights played at Wembley again this afternoon on SKY, they seem to keep repeating it which is good.

I am sure this game gets better and better every time I watch it, extra time, late late goal, the penalty shoot out, what drama, what a team, what team spirit, what knee jerking emotions, and what great support. :Clap: :LoyalSupporter:

Hope Saturday's game against Wycombe Wanderers brings us the same result. :Thumbs up: :Footballer:

Well, hope has certainly returned to the fans on SZ. The Prediction League forecast for tomorrow, on a quick calculation is, 61 for a win, 13 for a draw and only 2 for a defeat. Let's hope this renewed condfidence of the fans spreads to the players on the pitch. God! already starting to get stressed up!

I watched the Southend United v Wycombe Wanderers Playoff Final Highlights played at Wembley again this afternoon on SKY, they seem to keep repeating it which is good.

I am sure this game gets better and better every time I watch it, extra time, late late goal, the penalty shoot out, what drama, what a team, what team spirit, what knee jerking emotions, and what great support. :Clap: :LoyalSupporter:

Hope Saturday's game against Wycombe Wanderers brings us the same result. :Thumbs up: :Footballer:
I DON’T ! This is a game we must win,not draw.

Echo articles on the Blues just get shorter and shorter. It's got to the point where stories exist only to get clicks. Poor old Chris Phillips, soon his tweets will be longer than his articles. Must be a bit demoralising.

Echo is a very poor local paper and has been for a very long time.
Would have thought if Chris Phillips was any good at his chosen profession he would have moved on by now.

I DON’T ! This is a game we must win,not draw.

But we did win, admittedly on penalties, but we still won the game and were promoted..

For those of you that want to know this sort of thing, the weather forecast for RH this afternoon is 7°c and sunny with an East North East wind of 12 mph. So, you chaps in the East stand will be blinded by the light (still love that track) and us in the West Stand will freeze our nuts off by about 4:30pm. The South Stand occupants will tell us it was worst for them (homage to Webby's operation @davewebbsbrain) and none of us give a **** about the North Stand.

This has been a public service announcement bought to you by the Totally Useless Facts Organisation.

For those of you that want to know this sort of thing, the weather forecast for RH this afternoon is 7°c and sunny with an East North East wind of 12 mph. So, you chaps in the East stand will be blinded by the light (love that track) and us in the West Stand will freeze our nuts off by about 4:30pm. The South Stand occupants will tell us it was worst for them (homage to Webby's operation) and none of us give a **** about the North Stand.

This has been a public service announcement bought to you by the Totally useless facts organisation.

Great, better wrap up and I have eloped to the west for tomorrow :Smile2::Smile:

Back