• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Wycombe Wanderers - Saturday 13 April 2019

Team choice plus win / lose / draw

• Nathan Bishop

Votes: 105 71.4%
  • Mark Oxley

Votes: 29 19.7%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 128 87.1%
  • Harry Lennon

Votes: 114 77.6%
  • John White

Votes: 54 36.7%
  • Rob Kiernan

Votes: 124 84.4%
  • Sam Hart

• Taylor Moore

Votes: 66 44.9%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Michael Turner

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Michael Kightly

Votes: 47 32.0%
  • Luke Hyam

Votes: 114 77.6%
  • Timothee Dieng

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Dru Yearwood

Votes: 82 55.8%
  • Sam Mantom

Votes: 79 53.7%
  • Harry Bunn

Votes: 78 53.1%
  • Stephen McLaughlin

Votes: 29 19.7%
  • Simon Cox

• Stephen Humphrys

Votes: 111 75.5%
  • Charlie Kelman

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • Isaac Hutchinson

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Emile Acquah

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Michael Klass

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • __________

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Win

Votes: 90 61.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 5 3.4%

• Total voters

Spaceman Spiff

Attila the Admin ⭐
Staff member
So, we are back at HQ this weekend and the mother of all relegation six pointers. Wycombe are in a run exactly like ours and have been dropping like a stone for as long.

Come 5pm Saturday, one or both of us will be in the relegation zone for the first time this season. Who will it be?

We need a 4-3-3 for this, attack from the off, the first 45 mins could win the game for us, a loss is not a option now.

Confident like I haven't been in an age. Wish I could be there to cheer them on.

Going for a 3-0 win.

Same team except for Yearwood coming in for Kightly. I don't think Humphrys is yet ready to start and Bunn played pretty well at the weekend.

So, we are back at HQ this weekend and the mother of all relegation six pointers. Wycombe are in a run exactly like ours and have been dropping like a stone for as long.

Come 5pm Saturday, one or both of us will be in the relegation zone for the first time this season. Who will it be?
Apologies if I’m missing something but if we draw both teams could remain outside the bottom four. Unless you mean ‘could’ rather than ‘will’ (can you tell I’m a sub editor?).

If we put in a similar performance to that against Fleetwood we ought to win but obviously we’ll have to adjust our tactics with it being a home game.

Having said that, Akinfenwa nearly always scores against us so we’ll have to be prepared for a real battle defensively.

I’m on a flight during the game so it will be nerves galore for me up in the sky.

Apologies if I’m missing something but if we draw both teams could remain outside the bottom four. Unless you mean ‘could’ rather than ‘will’ (can you tell I’m a sub editor?).

If we put in a similar performance to that against Fleetwood we ought to win but obviously we’ll have to adjust our tactics with it being a home game.

Having said that, Akinfenwa nearly always scores against us so we’ll have to be prepared for a real battle defensively.

I’m on a flight during the game so it will be nerves galore for me up in the sky.

I'm pretty confident a draw wont be enough to keep both of us out of the relegation zone. Other teams will pick up points so I stand by my prediction :Thumbs up:

Hope we don't leave it as late to score as we did when we beat them to get in League One....and please don't leave early as you never know what you might miss at the end of the game!!

We have our own mini league with Wycombe, Walsall, Rochdale and Accrington as each side has to play at least 2 of the other 4 and Walsall, Rochdale, Wycombe and ourselves 3 of the 5. Only Rochdale have hit a bit of form, everyone else has been in free fall.

Assuming Bradford City are down the top two from that mini league will probably stay up if they can get 2 more points than the other 3.

Wycombe do tend to score even though they have been losing.

Will be interesting to see what XI Bond picks and the reaction to it. He picked a very negative line-up for Fleetwood - a central defender alongside a holding midfielder in midfield, a central midfielder on the right, an attacking midfielder up front in a bid to stop the rot.

Will he stick with that now we've got a point and we're at home? I can see the argument for doing so, but will the crowd accept that?

I’d start Moore over White and Dru for Kightly.

Not likely to happen as for some unknown reason Moore seems to be out of favour.

Huge game and one the fans must unite behind the players. I only hope that they serve up 100% effort and commitment.

Think it will be a good gate and full blooded affair.

Now is the time to pay back the long suffering fans with a hard fought win.

I think if Humphrys is anywhere near fit he must start. I know it's not ideal at all but needs must and our league 1 status is at risk here.

Fwiw I don't think 52 points will be the safety mark. Possibly as low as 49 points With better goal difference will be enough.

No 122nd minute equaliser option here, we have to do it in normal time! Come on lads, let's get back to WINNING WAYS!

Will be interesting to see what XI Bond picks and the reaction to it. He picked a very negative line-up for Fleetwood - a central defender alongside a holding midfielder in midfield, a central midfielder on the right, an attacking midfielder up front in a bid to stop the rot.

Will he stick with that now we've got a point and we're at home? I can see the argument for doing so, but will the crowd accept that?

I would call the line up against Fleetwood as "solid" rather than "negative" Kiernan and Hyam gave us a platform to pass and build attacks on which a central partnership of Mantom and Dieng never did. We did score 2 goals as well which we have not done for awhile.

I am less worried about formations and more interested in desire and commitment. If we show the desire and commitment that the radio suggested we did at Fleetwood than I will be happy.

Back