• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mattitouk

Life President
Im wondering how much of a loss Matt McClure's straight red card & sending off last night will be for Wycombe. Im thinking not so big as they only bought him on the field on 67 minutes, but on the other hand, is their 4th highest scorer with 5 goals.

Im wondering how much of a loss Matt McClure's straight red card & sending off last night will be for Wycombe. Im thinking not so big as they only bought him on the field on 67 minutes, but on the other hand, is their 4th highest scorer with 5 goals.
I think they have appealed it, so not definitely out yet.

I don't want to start worrying people before such an important game............but have you seen their away record? Unbeaten in TEN and their last away defeat was at Exeter on the 21st October! :omg:

I don't want to start worrying people before such an important game............but have you seen their away record? Unbeaten in TEN and their last away defeat was at Exeter on the 21st October! :omg:

Given the doom and gloom that precedes our home games, and because of Wycombe's impressive away record I'm am totally confident that we will mash them up 1-0.

Wycombe have lost their appeal against Mcclure's red card. He will serve 3 game ban

I fully expect this match to put paid to our auto's aspirations. We are a good side, mainly playing below potential, that has dropped too many unnecessary points this season, which has left us in a catch-up scenario. It won't happen.

Faced with the auto's and the way we fall below par so often, I can only see us plying our trade in lg 2 again next year.

Teams like Wycombe are not better individually but have got their act together as a team and have matched up to the requirements of the tactics they play.

Bentley/Ted

White, Thompson, Prosser, Coker

Worrall, Deegan, Atkinson, Timlin

Pigott, Corr

Think this will be a tough one against the league's highest scorers and would therefore welcome Deegan back into the side to protect the back four. Brown raved about how inform Leonard was his new Ivan Campo, but since switching to 4-4-2, he's not really been at the same level. Think Lenny is due a spell on the bench to let him fight his way back into the side as there's no point having such good competition for places if not cutting the mustard means nothing. Would probably consider a 4-4-2 diamond with Deegan as the defensive mid and Timlin at the top threading balls through for the forwards.

All in all, should be a good game and if we win, could be the confidence boost we need to kick on and make a strong, late surge for the autos.

We have just had 2 clean sheets. I would think the 2 centre backs, but also the holding midfielder to take some credit for that. It's Leonards main job to shield the back 4 remember

Brown rarely changes a winning side, and has apparently never changed a defence that has kept a clean sheet. Even though we only drew with the Wombles on Tuesday, I reckon he may well start with the same XI. However, if I was picking the side I'd be tempted to go with:

Bentley

White Thompson Prosser Coker

Deegan

Worrall Payne Timlin

Pigott Corr

Subs: T Smith, Barrett, Binnom-Williams, Atkinson, Leonard, Cassidy, Weston​

Wonder what the attendance will be, this is easily the biggest game of the season so far. Wycombe should bring a good number. Does anyone think 6500 - 7000 is a reasonable guess

I would be disappointed if the attendance wasn't something in the region of 6,500 at least

I think we will be fortunate to be much over 6000, there just doesn't seem to be any interest in the club at all at the moment, maybe a late surge as folk realise its importance and a pleasant spring day will have an effect but I don't sense any real belief. All a bit meh.

I think we will be fortunate to be much over 6000, there just doesn't seem to be any interest in the club at all at the moment, maybe a late surge as folk realise its importance and a pleasant spring day will have an effect but I don't sense any real belief. All a bit meh.

I take your point, although i think considering some of the dross thats been served up our attendances have remained quite decent and at times against some very poorly supported sides visiting. I would expect Wycombe to bring in the region of 500 and added to the fact that it will be a nice day hopefully a few more home fans might venture out. So 6500 could be realistic

Back