• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Yeovil Town, Saturday 1st October, 15:00ko, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 65 82.3%
  • Blondy Nna Noukeu

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 58 73.4%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 65 82.3%
  • Kacper Łopata

Votes: 68 86.1%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 63 79.7%
  • Louis Lomas

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 67 84.8%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cav Miley

Votes: 68 86.1%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 66 83.5%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Dan Mooney

Votes: 66 83.5%
  • Jake Hyde

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • Marcus Dackers

Votes: 63 79.7%
  • Callum Powell

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • Chris Wreh

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Aaron Cosgrave

• Jack Wood

• Oli Coker

• Jon Benton

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Rhys Murphy

• ….

• ….

• Win

Votes: 53 67.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • Lose

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
Buoyed by the the three points and another clean sheet at Wealdstone, it’s back to Roots Hall for a game against the men from Somerset, Yeovil Town.

Chris Hargreaves’ side have had a bit of an indifferent start to the season with only one win from their first 10 games (1-0 at home to Daggers at the end of August), they have however picked up 6 draws including their games against both Chesterfield and Wrexham. Four of those draws were in the last 5 games which shows they will not be an easy team to beat.

Blues, whilst tight at the back, have not exactly been free-scoring in our games to date so it could be a bit of a bore draw unless somehow we’ve found our shooting boots in training this week.

Mooney, Bridge or Powell could do with re-enacting one of the performances of former Blues winger Damian Scannell who is this week’s SUEPA guest. Damo was an exciting player on his day who made over 50 appearances for the blues from 2008-10. Now running a gym, working as a personal trainer and an avid charity fundraiser, I’m sure we’ll give him a warm welcome on Saturday and if you want to quiz him about his time at the club then he’ll be doing a Q&A in the East Stand’s “Far Post” bar after the game.

FC82F107-069E-413F-A842-69EE9F820715.jpeg

Back to issues taking place before full-time, it will be interesting to see if Kev sticks to the tight at the back formula that has seen us keep 5 clean sheets already and concede a miserly 9 goals in the first 10 games. Or if he decides to go a bit more expansive by playing a flat back 4 and playing an extra attacking player instead.

One thing for sure is that the impressive Gus Scott-Morris will have to sit this one out for the two yellows and consequent red card that he collected at Wealdstone last Saturday. The evergreen Jason Demetriou would seem certain to slot back into the right back berth in his place, but who else should make the starting XI and what do you predict the result will be?

Last edited:
Travelling to get tickets for Saturday. I know the TO hours are 11-4 but does anyone know the staff will be working as I don't want to get there and find it shut ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Big Bad Frank.

I would keep the same team, unless Hyde is pulled out of training or rested on the bench. Jason Demetriou should come in for RWB place.

No planned protest please!!

Ticket sales aren't great for this one. Shame after 4 points in the last 2 games.

It will be a tough game that you'd expect to be tight. Hopefully not though. Hopefully we nick one early and the flood gates open.

Last edited:
Ticket sales aren't great for this one. Shake after 4 points in the last 2 games.

It will be a tough game that you'd expect to be tight. Hopefully not though. Hopefully we nick one early and the flood gates open.
Why aren’t ticket sales great anything over 5k is pretty good in my eyes and this game will produce around the 5,200 mark

have i missed something or dont we have a referee and linesman for this game

My local side Yeovil are much better than the table suggests, and I think this will be a tougher than expected game, and will have 1-0 either way written all over it.

Same side except JD in at RWB for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back