• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Yeovil Town, Saturday 1st October, 15:00ko, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 65 82.3%
  • Blondy Nna Noukeu

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 58 73.4%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 65 82.3%
  • Kacper Łopata

Votes: 68 86.1%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 63 79.7%
  • Louis Lomas

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 67 84.8%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cav Miley

Votes: 68 86.1%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 66 83.5%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Dan Mooney

Votes: 66 83.5%
  • Jake Hyde

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • Marcus Dackers

Votes: 63 79.7%
  • Callum Powell

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • Chris Wreh

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Aaron Cosgrave

• Jack Wood

• Oli Coker

• Jon Benton

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Rhys Murphy

• ….

• ….

• Win

Votes: 53 67.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • Lose

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if you can use your season card in a different area of the ground?

Got to be the fewest for about 5 years.
Yes, I read the headline and was alarmed yet the story isn't really news.
Or if it is then good news in that most of the players are on a known projection for return with just Steeeve being random.
The bench will be getting "hot seats" to attain if the starting 11 keep performing.

Why aren’t ticket sales great anything over 5k is pretty good in my eyes and this game will produce around the 5,200 mark
We've sold 4800. Agreed, over 5k at this level is great. I just thought with a few positive results, we may have had more.

I guess, until we get into those play off spots and start winning games by more than one goal, then a few more will turn up.

Obviously have to factor in that money is tight and we have two home games in quick succession. Followed by a local game at daggers.

We've sold 4800. Agreed, over 5k at this level is great. I just thought with a few positive results, we may have had more.

I guess, until we get into those play off spots and start winning games by more than one goal, then a few more will turn up.

Obviously have to factor in that money is tight and we have two home games in quick succession. Followed by a local game at daggers.
Remember, there's national rail strikes too

Hi All

Just wanted to update this message

As well as being a Southend supporter , I'm also a Samaritans volunteer.

My aim was to engage with the club and try to positively promote what we do within a still male dominated environment.
That's not to say we exclude anyone , but we felt this was a way of possibly reaching out to groups that may find it harder to seek support.
Thanks to @OBL ( Kay ) for putting me in touch with Rhys at the club and for the subsequent meeting we had with Rylee.
There have been plenty of negative views about our club in recent times and these still continue , but as a way of redressing the balance here , Rylee could not have been more helpful.

The club have generously allowed us to advertise / promote / sponsor the match on 1st October at home to Yeovil.
Although we won't have the full hospitality package , we will be advertising in the programme , and the club have made NO CHARGE for any of this.
On this day you will see our volunteers outside the turnstiles and this time armed with the dreaded bucket.
What I wanted to say was , we are going through very tough financial times right now with the cost of living soaring , so please don't feel any obligation.
But if you do have some spare cash available , we would be very grateful too.
Our aim though is more about raising awareness and reaching out to anyone who may need help , now or in the future.
This match was highlighted because as well as the tragedy of Chris Barker taking his own life , the Yeovil captain Lee Collins did the same in 2021.
We will also have a pre-match photo with our pitch side advertising in the corner of the South and West stands.
We have reached out to the Yeovil supporters too and hope they may get involved in some way.

This is something that means a great deal to me and want to promote more in the community.
Once again , please note that our club are being very helpful and proactive too on this.

Thanks
Danny

Hi All

Just wanted to update this message

As well as being a Southend supporter , I'm also a Samaritans volunteer.

My aim was to engage with the club and try to positively promote what we do within a still male dominated environment.
That's not to say we exclude anyone , but we felt this was a way of possibly reaching out to groups that may find it harder to seek support.
Thanks to @OBL ( Kay ) for putting me in touch with Rhys at the club and for the subsequent meeting we had with Rylee.
There have been plenty of negative views about our club in recent times and these still continue , but as a way of redressing the balance here , Rylee could not have been more helpful.

The club have generously allowed us to advertise / promote / sponsor the match on 1st October at home to Yeovil.
Although we won't have the full hospitality package , we will be advertising in the programme , and the club have made NO CHARGE for any of this.
On this day you will see our volunteers outside the turnstiles and this time armed with the dreaded bucket.
What I wanted to say was , we are going through very tough financial times right now with the cost of living soaring , so please don't feel any obligation.
But if you do have some spare cash available , we would be very grateful too.
Our aim though is more about raising awareness and reaching out to anyone who may need help , now or in the future.
This match was highlighted because as well as the tragedy of Chris Barker taking his own life , the Yeovil captain Lee Collins did the same in 2021.
We will also have a pre-match photo with our pitch side advertising in the corner of the South and West stands.
We have reached out to the Yeovil supporters too and hope they may get involved in some way.

This is something that means a great deal to me and want to promote more in the community.
Once again , please note that our club are being very helpful and proactive too on this.

Thanks
Danny
Well done SUFC for not making any advertising charge and well done to all Samaritans volunteers and supporters hope you have a successful day........

Think we are drifting off pre match subject.
So I’m having my Saturday £5 on Southend to win 1-0 COYB’s

Protests must happen during the game to get our point across
No they must not - emphatically not. You go ahead, have your 5 minutes in the sun streaking on the pitch with ‘death to Ronnie’ splashed across your backside in crayon and get banned. Do us all a favour.

View attachment 22315Tip for those going tomorrow :Winking:
yeah and get the club fined like we got money to give away, Some people really have no sense ,Go and support the team,its not their fault we are under an embargo again,You want to protest RM PROTEST OUTSIDE HIS HOME not at the match support the players and backroom staff. Dont get the club in trouble ,with fines etc .

Show the players ,kev and co ,Stan and John and all the backroom staff you support them ,attend the games at RH ,shout loud and log ,show them we are behind them 110%. Please dont incur extra debt on the club with on field protests , flares and tennis balls thrown on the ground, you want to protest RM and his ownership of the club do it outside his home not at the match ,we dont need fines and points deductions etc put onto the club . All parties now need to sit down work out a sensible approach on how it maybe possible to force RM to put the club up for sale,so that he can come out of this with a nest egg . Hard yes but not impossible, im sure there are some business minded people amongst you,who collectively can find some sort of solution if you put your heads together .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back