• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Yeovil Town, Tuesday 11th January, 7.45pm ko, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 65 83.3%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 48 61.5%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 56 71.8%
  • Kacper Łopata

• Josh Coulson

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • John White

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 63 80.8%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 48 61.5%
  • Will Atkinson

Votes: 50 64.1%
  • Harrison Neal

Votes: 64 82.1%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • Lewis Gard

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Harry Phillips

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Abu Ogogo (injured)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • James Dunne (Injured)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Jack Bridge (Not available - COVID)

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Louis Walsh

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Terrell Egbri

• Matt Dennis

• Sam Dalby

Votes: 63 80.8%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 64 82.1%
  • Matt Rush

• Eren Kinali

• Collin Ndeng-Ndi

• Harry Seaden

• Leon Davies

Votes: 10 12.8%

• Win

Votes: 42 53.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 22 28.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 6 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting Benton is back and involved straight away. Would imagine Aveley are keen to extend that loan and being top of the table must be good for confidence in a player.
Assume it's part of his youth loan that allows him to play for our under 23s midweek - I'm sure Aveley are part-time and his loan was only recently extended.

Tough game against a good side with aspirations of the playoffs.

Think we're going to have to hope they have an off day. A win yesterday was vital but a quick perusal of the Weymouth board suggests their fans thought we were very, very poor, albeit slightly better than them.
Are u joking! We are southend united! We have lost once in the six in all competitions and we have new signings and a very confident striker in dennis! They got smashed by bournmouth in the fa cup and are not fresh! If u can't be confident about us right now then when will u?

Are u joking! We are southend united! We have lost once in the six in all competitions and we have new signings and a very confident striker in dennis! They got smashed by bournmouth in the fa cup and are not fresh! If u can't be confident about us right now then when will u?
Each to their own @Shrimpet steve. @Jai is entitled to his opinion, after all your expectations are there for all to see.

I always love your optimism Shrimpet. It's true that we could hardly ask for a better time to play Yeovil and I hope we will score some of the many chances we are now creating. We often seem to play poorly on the Tuesday following a victory the previous Saturday - let's not do so tonight. COYB!

I always love your optimism Shrimpet. It's true that we could hardly ask for a better time to play Yeovil and I hope we will score some of the many chances we are now creating. We often seem to play poorly on the Tuesday following a victory the previous Saturday - let's not do so tonight. COYB!
You make it sound like we win often on Saturdays ?. Oh what a world!

I'm more confident now than I was a few weeks ago but they won 8 in 9 a couple of games back. When was the last time we did that?

I hope you're right.

Some news I have picked up from a Yeovil fan. grant Smith their first choice keeper back in goal tonight and no injury worries their fans are aware of, so just choice of resting players from Saturday's cup tie if they need it.

So if we win tonight, we should have beaten one of the better teams in the division and another show of the improvement we are making.

Alternatively, we have nothing to lose, the important games are beating those around us, so we might as well go for it.

You takes yer money and takes yer pick.

I'm more confident now than I was a few weeks ago but they won 8 in 9 a couple of games back. When was the last time we did that?

I hope you're right.
We've only lost once in the last 6 games. Get a grip you snowflake:Winking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back