• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v York City, Saturday 4th February 2023, 15:00ko, NL

Starting XI and result

• Blondy Nna Noukeu

Votes: 43 65.2%
  • Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 52 78.8%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 49 74.2%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 53 80.3%
  • Kacper Łopata

Votes: 52 78.8%
  • Louis Lomas

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 54 81.8%
  • Cav Miley

Votes: 54 81.8%
  • Harry Taylor

Votes: 33 50.0%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 30 45.5%
  • Callum Powell

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Harry Cardwell

Votes: 55 83.3%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • Jake Hyde

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Win

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Lose

Votes: 8 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
A hated owner who the fans are fed up with and venting their anger at during games....and that's just the description of the next visitors to Roots Hall, York City! (Should make for a barrel of laughs on Saturday afternoon!).

York, promoted from National League North last season, have already moved to a nice modern stadium on the edge of the city but their current chairman, Glen Henderson, has made himself unpopular by getting into heated altercations with fans and is staying away from games due to this. The problems seem to stem from him sacking popular manager John Askey and replacing him with David Webb (no, not that one!) but I’m sure there’s a lot more to it than that.

The Minstermen’s form is only marginally better than ours and therefore we will have two out of form teams, backed by two sets of disgruntled fans on a bobbly pitch - sounds like we’re in for a great afternoon!

After last week’s disappointing defeat to Eastleigh, Kev will surely not keep an unchanged side and there is a case for changes in defence, midfield and attack - although perhaps the place where most fans would advocate a change, between the sticks, is the one where we seem to have no options at the moment.

It’s a tough time for blues fans at the moment, so take a moment from thinking about the future of the club to think about matters on the pitch instead, choose your starting XI and predict the result.

Last edited:
We have a game of Saturday, it's why we support Southend, to watch them play football. The thread has been up for over 3 hours with only 4 voters for team selection and no posts on the game whatsoever apart from Garry's opener. A very sad sign of the times. :Sad:

We have a game of Saturday, it's why we support Southend, to watch them play football. The thread has been up for over 3 hours with only 4 voters for team selection and no posts on the game whatsoever apart from Garry's opener. A very sad sign of the times. :Sad:
Im just used to games being postponed 😬

Feel we've ridden our luck the last few games in respect of results of the teams around us. We're still around the play off positions with lots to play for and a gradually strengthened squad after injuries. Just Collin then steeeve to help complete the revival. As long as kev can keep the spirit positive in the camp we can consolidate our league position while those around suffer.
I'm hoping we get that all important first goal that makes RH louder in the best ways and defers the depressing protest shouting until the end of the match. Really hoping the atmosphere stays positive for the players bearing in .ins that if it all went txts up, we may lose our club but they could lose their livelihoods, income, homes etc (as well all who depend income from the club.)
Love hearing the blue voice in full support mode and know for a fact the players thrive off it. We often look so dangerous in the first 20 minutes and with everyone on York's case and encouraging our boys we could get that magic first goal to spur everyone on.
Blondys only young and let's not forget, helping us out. So let's help him too with encouragement.
I'm going 2-0 with a goal in the first 20 mins.

Players allegedly not paid…can only see defeat in this one I’m afraid.

Hopefully I am wrong though and we produce the type of sparkling football we all know this team is capable of.

Can see a few changes from last week, would hope we bring back the back 3 of Kensdale, Lopata and Hobson for starters. Midfield I think needs the spark of Wes back in and up top would love to see Murphy or Hyde given a start alongside Cardwell.

Up the blues.

A hated owner who the fans are fed up and venting their anger at during games....and that's just the description of the next visitors to Roots Hall, York City! (Should make for a barrel of laughs on Saturday afternoon!).

York, promoted from National League North last season, have already moved to a nice modern stadium on the edge of the city but their current chairman, Glen Henderson, has made himself unpopular by getting into heated altercations with fans and is staying away from games due to this. The problems seem to stem from him sacking popular manager John Askey and replacing him with David Webb (no, not that one!) but I’m sure there’s a lot more to it than that.

The Minstermen’s form is only marginally better than ours and therefore we will have two out of form teams, backed by two sets of disgruntled fans on a bobbly pitch - sounds like we’re in for a great afternoon!

After last week’s disappointing defeat to Eastleigh, Kev will surely not keep an unchanged side and there is a case for changes in defence, midfield and attack - although perhaps the place where most fans would advocate a change, between the sticks, is the one where we seem to have no options at the moment.

It’s a tough time for blues fans at the moment, so take a moment from thinking about the future of the club to think about matters on the pitch instead, choose your starting XI and predict the result.
Are we that out of form, last 7 games - 3 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats. Not great but hardly “out of form”.

Reactions: RHB
Are we that out of form, last 7 games - 3 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats. Not great but hardly “out of form”.
Only one win in the last 6 league games puts us well down the National League form table

Attachments

• F8153823-24E7-4CC3-8C7B-D95401443024.jpeg
    F8153823-24E7-4CC3-8C7B-D95401443024.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 22
Well, whatever. Just called up Bressy, he's looking forward to it. Be sure to give him a great welcome on the pitch just before KO, and for tales of opponents chasing him with a club hammer in the players tunnel and so on, make sure you are in the Far Post Bar for the latest SUEPA Q&A. And yes, ask him about that penalty miss, and so much more, it's gonna be entertaining. Oh for those Championship days.

Graham Bressington.jpg

Feel we've ridden our luck the last few games in respect of results of the teams around us. We're still around the play off positions with lots to play for and a gradually strengthened squad after injuries. Just Collin then steeeve to help complete the revival. As long as kev can keep the spirit positive in the camp we can consolidate our league position while those around suffer.
I'm hoping we get that all important first goal that makes RH louder in the best ways and defers the depressing protest shouting until the end of the match. Really hoping the atmosphere stays positive for the players bearing in .ins that if it all went txts up, we may lose our club but they could lose their livelihoods, income, homes etc (as well all who depend income from the club.)
Love hearing the blue voice in full support mode and know for a fact the players thrive off it. We often look so dangerous in the first 20 minutes and with everyone on York's case and encouraging our boys we could get that magic first goal to spur everyone on.
Blondys only young and let's not forget, helping us out. So let's help him too with encouragement.
I'm going 2-0 with a goal in the first 20 mins.
I should have included 'if the game goes ahead'. Hearing rumours it's not guaranteed at this moment in time. No news will be good news in this respect and York will be travelling tomorrow I expect so hopefully tomorrow is a no news day if that makes sense!

More rumours to cheer the fans up just what we all need after this week.

I should have included 'if the game goes ahead'. Hearing rumours it's not guaranteed at this moment in time. No news will be good news in this respect and York will be travelling tomorrow I expect so hopefully tomorrow is a no news day if that makes sense!
St.John's Ambulance not been paid I'm guessing

This is a presumption, but previously some of the players have deferred their pay so it can be used to pay match day staff, (ie..Inc st johns) but even this can't be done if there's none for players in the first place.
I'm hoping Tom can sort it out somehow and ensure the games on.he's having to be a financial magician and I honestly think without him sufc would have been at risk of not even being around today. Can only imagine his stress levels at the moment.

Ironically it's possible players will want to be at their best in case the worst scenario materialised and they need other clubs to pick them up. Not ideal motivation but still motivation.
As it goes, this squad is very tight knit and get on very well and they play for each other and kev, Darren etc. I'm not too concerned with performance being affected by off field stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back