• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

leeblue

Members⭐
So now we are genuinely in a title/promotion push how vital is this game. Three points a must imo. Same line up??? I still think lenny should get a kick up the butt dropping. Other than that just feed the pig

Think we need to stop calling every game a must win game. They are not. We can lose Saturday and then win two on the bounce and it cancels out.

That said we should certainly be looking to do so and it will be poor if we don't.

Leonard played well Tuesday didn't he so not sure he needs dropping.

Think the team will be as it was, the only big question is whether Worrall comes back on if he is over his illness?

Think we need to stop calling every game a must win game. They are not. We can lose Saturday and then win two on the bounce and it cancels out.

That said we should certainly be looking to do so and it will be poor if we don't.

Think the team will be as it was, the only big question is whether Worrall comes back on if he is over his illness?

Totally agree. I would go with Tuesday's starting 11 and definitely keep Cassidy up front next to the pig. I thought Cassidy played well on Tuesday, and I also think he is an integral part of Piggott doing well. Now, if Cassidy also started finding the net on a regular basis that would make us very, very dangerous................. For now I will settle for him making the intelligent runs and you never know, maybe our midfielders will notice them as well sooner or later!!

Not a lot wrong so not a lot to change.
I am hoping Cokes is recovered from his knock & that Big Ben has worked his magic on him.
Wozza being well again will be a selection issue for PB; and he seemed bright and chirpy in the stands on Tuesday, him available will be another plus.
I expect Accers, reasonably enough under the circumstances, to defend in depth and we will need patience from the starting eleven and the fans.

This will be my first game this season, it has been way too long since my last trip to roots hall. Hopefully I will be able to fit in a few more before the end of the season.

I'd like to see Barrett at some point during the game.

I think the worral question is answered by the payne question. Accommodating payne changes the shape of the team...imo you have to play worrall as an out and out winger...Our recent 4 3 1 2 is a tad narrow

If we play like we did in the 1st half i would keep the same starting 11 from Tuesday .

If we play like we did for the 2nd period i would be tempted to play Worrell wide right to open up the Accies but its harsh on dropping one of the midfielders , most probably Payne.

Accrington have lost 5 of their last 6 games - and beat Oxford on Tuesday night with a 90th minute goal in front of a crowd of just over 1,000.

Accers were our opponents on the 1st day of August when we stuttered to a 1-0 win at their place - but both teams will have come a long way since then.

I think Accers will play well in front of a bigger crowd and they have managed to stay in the league by regularly picking up points. Just hope that is not the case on Saturday. "Doing the double" is just what the doctor ordered for a chilly day. :thumbsup:

Hurst fit to return to starting line-up if required.

Good news - we seem to have an abundance of midfielders at the moment!

It would be sad if Coker was missing.

Williams could go left to cover for Coker, in comes Slaphead to the centre alongside ............ Thompson or we have Bolger or Prosser available.

Or Prosser could go in as left back and leave Slaphead and Williams in the centre.

Good news - we seem to have an abundance of midfielders at the moment!

It would be sad if Coker was missing.

Williams could go left to cover for Coker, in comes Slaphead to the centre alongside ............ Thompson or we have Bolger or Prosser available.

Or Prosser could go in as left back and leave Slaphead and Williams in the centre.

B.Williams is a much better central defender than left back tho. We are nowhere near as solid when he's playing left back.

Jam_Man;1707775[B said:
]Think we need to stop calling every game a must win game. They are not. We can lose Saturday and then win two on the bounce and it cancels out.[/B]

hmmmmm. I understand what you are saying. But this is the type of game we should be winning. If we loose and Wycombe win and then the top three continue as they have for the past 10 games then the 2 points per game that you are effectively quoting will NOT get us into the top three. Yes obviously we an loose and tomorrow and still win the league, but these are the games we really should be winning. In turn would set up well for Stevenage who are not on a good run.

Having said that to me the 'must win' games are the ones against our promotion rivals. the '6 pointer' games are the ones we really need to win if we are not going to rely on our rivals having blips and want to have destiny in our own hands (lets hope we don't come to rue the Shrewsbury match

hmmmmm. I understand what you are saying. But this is the type of game we should be winning.

Looking at the mathematics, we have 16 games and need another 26 points (for a total of 80) or 29 points say for a total of 83.

Clearly there are multiple options including losing the next 6 and then winning the next 10!

or 29 points = 8 wins and 5 draws say and 3 loses.

Which all comes back to winning at home is surely something we should be doing against a team only 7 points above the relegation zone.

Hash tag: ThegameisafootDrWatson

Back