• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Big win for us today and a big loss for the Wombles on Friday against MK.

That extra day could give them a big boost given that we've got the likes of Ranger, McLaughlin, Wright and Wordsworth all still building up fitness. Could be a big ask for those four to play two games in four days.

I think we'll go:

Oxley,
Demetriou, White, Ferdinand, Timlin,
McLaughlin, Leonard, Wright, Yearwood,
Cox, Ranger

Subs: Smith/Bishop, Kyprianou, Hendrie, Wordsworth, McGlashan, Robinson, Fortune

2-1 win is my prediction.

Big win for us today and a big loss for the Wombles on Friday against MK.

That extra day could give them a big boost given that we've got the likes of Ranger, McLaughlin, Wright and Wordsworth all still building up fitness. Could be a big ask for those four to play two games in four days.

I think we'll go:

Oxley,
Demetriou, White, Ferdinand, Timlin,
McLaughlin, Leonard, Wright, Yearwood,
Cox, Ranger

Subs: Smith/Bishop, Kyprianou, Hendrie, Wordsworth, McGlashan, Robinson, Fortune

2-1 win is my prediction.

What is it about modern footballers who can't play two games in 4 days? In the good old days they used to play 3 games in 4 days at Easter. Three of them only played an hour anyway - McLaughlin also looked injured.

Brown usually keeps an unchanged side after a win and Appiah went off injured for them on Friday.

What is it about modern footballers who can't play two games in 4 days? In the good old days they used to play 3 games in 4 days at Easter. Three of them only played an hour anyway - McLaughlin also looked injured.

Brown usually keeps an unchanged side after a win and Appiah went off injured for them on Friday.

Did he dive through the tunnel?

I wonder if Forrester will start, he hasn't been for them so far. Interesting proposition, baring in mind we could have him on our books this season if things had been different. I hope he doesn't raise his game against us like a certain Rickey Holmes always does against us!

It's a bit of a lottery after Saturday's result, but I'll go with this:

Oxley,
Demetriou, White, Ferdinand, Hendrie
Wright, Leonard, Wordsworth, McLaughlin
Cox, Ranger

Subs: Smith/Bishop, Kyprianou, Yearwood, Timlin, McGlashan, Robinson, Fortune

I wonder if Forrester will start, he hasn't been for them so far. Interesting proposition, baring in mind we could have him on our books this season if things had been different. I hope he doesn't raise his game against us like a certain Rickey Holmes always does against us!

I suppose that if we had of signed Forrester we wouldn't have got Wright, and I'd take the latter any day. Grangers fans didn't rate him but then again neither did they rate Kiernan.

Kiernan back, marking Forrester? - that would be ironic!

I would still like to see White ( if fit ) come in and Hendrie, who was showing signs of developing confidence. This would add more solidity at the present time to the back four, where we are clearly most vulnerable . Hopefully in time we can see the worth of Turner and Kiernan. As things stand we struggle to produce a consistent back four, which of course is a main ingredient of clean sheets. Timlin does well for his admired flexibility but is not really a left back. Kyp is still learning his trade.
Consistency is key to developing understanding, when to go forward together, when to drop off, it takes time to develop. Until this happens we will remain vulnerable at the back. Until injured John White was outstanding and until the small knock received Hendrie started to remind me of his old self. So I wouldnt hesitate to have these two back for a period ( barring injury ) to gain that extra solidity. We currently offer very enjoyable fare and Im pleased that Im more likely to see 4-2 wins, with our current attacking strength than boring nil nils or one up front scrape homes.
With Wright, Mc Laughlin, Wordsworth, Lenny when he bombs forward, and Demetriou, we have an incredible set of midfielders and wing backs going forward. However the big plan this year was to address the defence, especially with two new centre backs targeted. this hasnt happened yet with a considerable turnover by accident or otherwise at the back. We will continue to leak a few goals until this is addressed and some degree of consistency achieved

Only 5,100 sold so far and it's tomorrow. I was expecting more for Wimbledon under floodlights after a win...

White for Kyprianou would be my only change. I assume the only reason he didn't start on Saturday was that he wasn't 100% after his injury? If he's 100% fit he has to start as he's been one of, if not the best player for us so far this season.

White for Kyprianou would be my only change. I assume the only reason he didn't start on Saturday was that he wasn't 100% after his injury? If he's 100% fit he has to start as he's been one of, if not the best player for us so far this season.

White in for Ferdinand as he's been gash

And injured according to Chris Phillips so White for Ferdinand and keep Kyprianou in.Demetriou's the main doubt apparently:sad:

Not that I wish injury on someone but a spell out the side for Ferdinand wouldn't be the worst thing. Fleetwood's first goal on Saturday is embarrassing. It's literally been pinged from the kick off. I can't get my head around why he was so badly out of position from a KO

i think we need our experienced players out there playing and Ferdinand is our leader so should play!! You can't imo play white and kryp instead of him because they are both really naturally right and left backs, keep the faith not long until kiernan will be fit and Coker then we will have our strongest 11 out there and really will start to climb the division

Slowly creeping up , 5,365 now...walk-ups on the night, comps, plus a few Wombles...hopefully hit 7,000 :unsure:. A win, one would hope, will enhance the Blackpool gate on Sat ?

Can't see it hitting 7k. Hope to be proved wrong. I doubt Wimbledon will bring that many. Maybe 4-500 at a push.

Back