• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anyone know how I can change my name on SZ from Suffolk Shrimper? Thinking about 'Suffolk Shrimper In Dorset' unless anyone has any better ideas - whatever, certainly a tad less convenient for home games but I moved so that when we next draw Yeovil away in the cup I'll be handily placed. :stunned:UTB

Stick your request into Area 51 and it will be done. Unfortunately I don't have the permissions to do it but there are those who have big boys badges that will do it for you.

Ticket sales appear to be holding up at 6481 home seats sold. With th inclusion of the complimentary seats in the East Blue and whatever numbers Bristol bring along, 7k is looking likely. Not too shabby for a 17:30 kick off on a Bank Holiday weekend.

Ticket sales appear to be holding up at 6481 home seats sold. With th inclusion of the complimentary seats in the East Blue and whatever numbers Bristol bring along, 7k is looking likely. Not too shabby for a 17:30 kick off on a Bank Holiday weekend.

There will be around 8k for this one. Not bad for an end of season dead Wood game. This club has so much potential. Have a great season next year and we will soon start hitting home sell outs.

More SUEPA events will be staged next year - been a bit quiet since the last match managing my move to Swanage...

Anyone know how I can change my name on SZ from Suffolk Shrimper? Thinking about 'Suffolk Shrimper In Dorset' unless anyone has any better ideas - whatever, certainly a tad less convenient for home games but I moved so that when we next draw Yeovil away in the cup I'll be handily placed. :stunned:

UTB

I empathise, Suffolk Shrimper. I live in Bristol these days and rarely get to see the Blues play. I have been to two games v Bristol Rovers in recent seasons. 0-1 (Freddy's return), 0-2 last year, and fortunately I could not go this year (0-3). I managed to coincide a trip back to Southend with Chris Powell's first game in charge, and I am back in Southend this weekend for the Bristol Rovers home game.

I have listened to a lot of matches on ifollow this season in a holiday cottage we are doing up - in Swanage!!! Spent a lot of weekends there recently.

Just imagine my surprise when my wife and I walked into a charity shop in Wareham and I spotted a Southend United training jacket for sale. Didn't buy it, it was not my size, and in any case, it is good to highlight the footballing force that is SUFC in as many areas of the country as possible.

Hope your move goes well. Great area of the country to live in...

Last edited:
I'd go 4-4-2, Kightly for Fortune, let's go for eighth place! :happy:

In in all seriousness, what an improvement it's been since Powell took charge. Next season looks exciting, who could of thought that possible in early January.

I'd go 4-4-2, Kightly for Fortune, let's go for eighth place! :happy:

In in all seriousness, what an improvement it's been since Powell took charge. Next season looks exciting, who could of thought that possible in early January.

Portsmouth play Peterborough so the highest we can end up is 9th. (Unless that game is a draw and we beat Bristol Rovers by more than 14 goals!)

Portsmouth play Peterborough so the highest we can end up is 9th. (Unless that game is a draw and we beat Bristol Rovers by more than 14 goals!)

Okay, I stand corrected! I'd love a 14-0 though :happy:

Ninth would be great, even if we lose a top 12 finish is guaranteed.

6778 now.
Really looking forward to tomorrow considering it’s an end of season game with little at stake, should be a good day down at The Hall

6778 now.
Really looking forward to tomorrow considering it’s an end of season game with little at stake, should be a good day down at The Hall

That number sounds surprisingly small considering what was left when I went to the ground around 11am today to buy 3 tickets. All that was left was 'restricted view' seats, which i know could mean 95% of the ground, but I saw the seat map on the computer screen and there really wasn't much to choose from. I'd be amazed if the final crowd was much less than 9k.

Bristol Rovers have sold 700 according to their Twitter this morning. So probably 8,000 in total with walk ups/comps etc.

Please excuse me if the score line for the Brizzie game has been covered elsewhere. But has anyone gone for a 4-0 result to us, I know lightening has struck several times. I did have a fiver at 50-1 just for abit of interest . Has anyone else been tempted or are Meerkats the only stupid ones ?

Back