• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jam_Man

Life President
What could be the first of 2 or 3 games against Burton over the coming weeks.

Will Brown rest players or go for 5th place. He has said he doesnt care who we play but wants to get the highest finish possible.

Seemed undecided on Talksport earlier, but was that just keeping his cards close to his chest?

I won't mind seeing changes in midfield as I feel we have good options there. Clifford, Laird and Straker all more than capable to come in.

I would personally give Hurst a rest and let him recharge for the PO games.

I won't mind seeing changes in midfield as I feel we have good options there. Clifford, Laird and Straker all more than capable to come in.

I would personally give Hurst a rest and let him recharge for the PO games.

Totally agree.
Including Prosser also , he could give 4-5 a much needed break.
Yes , he wants to finish as high as possible , but those players mentioned are not complete novices and will be eager to impress.
Having said all of that , he is usually reluctant to make many changes.
My guess.
Straker for Murphy.

I think if players are carrying knocks thats one reason to rest them, but not to just give them a rest otherwise. Only played one game a week recently and next game wont be for another week.

I would give Fred, Strakes, Laird and Clifford a starting place; I say this as the squad are likely to be needed in addition to the regular 11 that PB has started with in the last few games.
Let them go out and show what they can do.

Anyone else think the pre-match comment by their manager is bizarre (copied it below for those that haven't seen it).

You've played 45 league games and I'm pretty sure all your potential play-off opponents will have an idea of how you're going to play - can't see that you'll play that way all season then change it for the play-offs!!!

This is the quote: "Certainly, what I won't do is go down to Southend on Saturday and show everyone what I'm going to do for the play-off games."I think if you're watching that game you might struggle to work out what our tactics are going to be in the first game, whoever that's against"

I would give Fred, Strakes, Laird and Clifford a starting place; I say this as the squad are likely to be needed in addition to the regular 11 that PB has started with in the last few games.
Let them go out and show what they can do.

Why would we need the likes of Laird and Clifford if we havent really needed them before?

We are only playing a game a week, less than we have most of the season ?

I'd give Prosser and Laird a game. They haven't played for a while and may be needed in the play offs if we get an injury etc. I'd think Straker will likely get a game for similar reasons

Why would we need the likes of Laird and Clifford if we havent really needed them before?

We are only playing a game a week, less than we have most of the season ?
Why? Injuries, illness, yellow cards, personal circumstances beyond control such as family bereavements, and finally as you pointed out Wembley is a big tiring pitch (and could go into extra time): plus this Burton game is a"trial" run.
Finally I have been driving for 40 yrs and wearing a seat belt which I haven't used but I will still wear every time, not because I worry about my driving But because it is prudent and a sensible precaution.

I'd start with an unchanged team, to try and keep some consistency...but give Prosser, Laird and Freddy some game time in case they are needed in the playoffs. It seems PB prefers Clifford or Strakes to Laird, mind. I'd definately rest Corr in the 2nd half.

Why? Injuries, illness, yellow cards, personal circumstances beyond control such as family bereavements, and finally as you pointed out Wembley is a big tiring pitch (and could go into extra time): plus this Burton game is a"trial" run.
Finally I have been driving for 40 yrs and wearing a seat belt which I haven't used but I will still wear every time, not because I worry about my driving But because it is prudent and a sensible precaution.
How cool would it be if there was an ap that would get Charlie the cat to read out precautionary tales. The boy would have to translate still I guess.

We have 4 games left at most, one a week, we rarely needed them in the previous 45+ plus games so chances are, now we arent actually playing that many games, we wont need them now.

Yes you could give them a game "just in case" but you then have to weigh up the consequences of that. If it unsettles the side and we were to lose how does that affect team morale and the good run we have been on ? As you say its a trial run today, why play a weakened side and get a poor performance/result and still have no idea how we measure up?

Our home performances havent exactly been inspiring the last 3 games either.

Id personally not risk anyone carrying an injury, but other than that business as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back