• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United vs Burton Albion 22 February 2020 3:00pm

What's your starting 11 for Saturday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Shaughnessy understandably looked very heavy legged on Tuesday night ,and as always struggles to control the ball or make a decent pass, can do ok with his head, so I personally would be concerned about starting him or giving him 90 minutes at this stage for risk of error strewn damage, certainly not a midfielder either

Gunnarsson

Bwomomo
Dieng
Shaughnessy
Clifford

Demetriou
Mantom
Milligan
McLaughlin

Kelman
Goodship

Hope your source is correct on the strict, respect regime we deserve it from players after the last few years.
100% reliable source mate. Can’t say who, but got this directly from the father of one of the current 1st teamers, who we know personally.

I think Sol will turn things around, he, I am told has very high expectations and doesn’t suffer fools. Just hope Ron can support him in what he’s trying to implement.

UTBs

Heard from a reliable source that he is not in Sol’s good books at the moment.

I also heard that what Sol has placed a very strict regime in place and his rules are never challenged and any player that doesn’t show respect or behave in an acceptable manner is on the sidelines.

Could be that same issue for Hutchinson.

Think the team needed this, as a lot of them have got away with murder for far too long.

If this is the case it might explain why some players have stepped up too. Certain players respond better to a strict regime, Milligan certainly springs to mind

So this afternoon the forecast is 13°c, clear of rain and a pleasant 40-45mph wind speed. The wind speed is due to drop to 21mph at 5:00pm, typical. Although the temperature is reasonably mild the wind is going to rattle around the West Stand if there are as many empty seats as there were on Tuesday night. Should make for interesting goal kicks again and maybe, just maybe, Milligan will be able to lauch a wind assisted thunderbolt shot which goes in. Should also suit McLaughlin from free kicks as well. 5425 home tickets sold so far but realistically there won't be that number putting their bums on the seats, so a sub 5k gate may happen today. Anyway, come on the kids and the veterans.:LoyalSupporter:

It will be Kelman on his own and just like Tuesday there will not be enough energy or desire from the 3 at CM to win those second balls deep in Burton's half. Still hope young Miles does well in his new slot.

I'll be surprised if Hutch starts, think he must've run over Sols cat!

Someone near me last Saturday had the theory that Hutchinson took a dive at Dover which did not go down well with Sol. I guess the new discipline regime with standards works against players who he thinks dive.

I'll be surprised if Hutch starts, think he must've run over Sols cat!
I agree, I am picking my idea not Sol's, as you say it is unlikely that Hutch will be starting or Goodship too.
I hope the reason for any omissions are purely professional, such as tactics, training, balance of side etc.
We are in a situation now that is edging towards a "nothing more to lose" so go and try and get some wins.

It will be Kelman on his own and just like Tuesday there will not be enough energy or desire from the 3 at CM to win those second balls deep in Burton's half. Still hope young Miles does well in his new slot.

He’s got the size for a midfielder, but I worry about his technical ability, such as ball control.

And it’s much harder to read a game from the centre of the park, rather than at he back, looking forward

I agree, I am picking my idea not Sol's, as you say it is unlikely that Hutch will be starting or Goodship too.
I hope the reason for any omissions are purely professional, such as tactics, training, balance of side etc.
We are in a situation now that is edging towards a "nothing more to lose" so go and try and get some wins.

Goodship missed Tuesday because of an ankle injury.

So this afternoon the forecast is 13°c, clear of rain and a pleasant 40-45mph wind speed. The wind speed is due to drop to 21mph at 5:00pm, typical. Although the temperature is reasonably mild the wind is going to rattle around the West Stand if there are as many empty seats as there were on Tuesday night. Should make for interesting goal kicks again and maybe, just maybe, Milligan will be able to lauch a wind assisted thunderbolt shot which goes in. Should also suit McLaughlin from free kicks as well. 5425 home tickets sold so far but realistically there won't be that number putting their bums on the seats, so a sub 5k gate may happen today. Anyway, come on the kids and the veterans.:LoyalSupporter:
I got my Milligan thunderbolt (well, a volley) today. Sadly a Southend player fouled a Burton player just as he shot. Maybe another time.

Back