• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
We will have played 1 game in 20 days by the time we play Bury, so might as well try to keep ourselves occupied in the meantime after the disappointment of the late postponement at Bradford. At least the fans who travelled to Bradford will have a much shorter journey this time.

Suspect that much of the expected line ups will be similar to what was expected for Bradford, unless there are any players back from injury by Friday.

I'd go:
Bentley,
White, Thompson, Prosser, Coker,
Worrall, Leonard, Deegan, Timlin,
Hunt/Pigott, Payne

Hunt to start if he's feeling fit enough, otherwise as an option for the bench to build up his fitness.

Barrett v Clarke .......... the big match.

Good to see Peter still plying his trade ........ enjoyed the 2-2 draw against Huddersfield a few years ago when Clarky received a good reception.

Hadn't realised Clarkey was there, hope he gets a good reception. Our defence had better stiffen themselves up for corners!

Hadn't realised Clarkey was there, hope he gets a good reception. Our defence had better stiffen themselves up for corners!

If they are both fit it will be Peter and Leon. Should be fun! Peter hasn't scored this season so far, but Leon is on 12 in all competitions. Lets hope he decides to have a 'Leon Lazy Day' which I remember from the past with fondness!!

Watched Leon miss 4 open goals for us against Gillingham in another throw away draw. Bound to score against us??? On the other hand saw him produce some stunning goals for us at the Hall in his early spell, trouble is he seems to be more consistent currently on the goalscoring front.

Just seen that Leon has scored 91 goals in 197 appearances which is pretty impressive and much better than I thought. Bury picked him up when he was released by Wolves. Young Rose from their academy has scored 6, whilst Pope has added 6 = 24 goals between these 3 strikers so far this season, should be interesting ?. They also show previous prolific goalscorer Ryan Lowe on their books and Nardeillo, Dudley and Joe Doodoo ( interesting name ) Surely not a squad of 7 strikers?

Just seen that Leon has scored 91 goals in 197 appearances which is pretty impressive and much better than I thought. Bury picked him up when he was released by Wolves. Young Rose from their academy has scored 6, whilst Pope has added 6 = 24 goals between these 3 strikers so far this season, should be interesting ?. They also show previous prolific goalscorer Ryan Lowe on their books and Nardeillo, Dudley and Joe Doodoo ( interesting name ) Surely not a squad of 7 strikers?

Ryan Lowe is out on loan somewhere (but I just can't remember where). I have always liked Nardiello though.

Doodoo is the player that tore Bury apart in the league cup for Leicester. Think he got four goals. Bury cheekily tried to sign him straight after but Leicester said no. Then all of a sudden the foxes do amazingly well and Doodoo doesn't get a look in. In come Bury again and they get their man. Bury have so much talent at their disposal. Mayor, Clarke, P.Clarke to name a few. Be a very tough game...

Up steps Worrall to take the free kick....

GK;Hunt
CBs:Hunt Hunt
Mids;Hunt Hunt Hunt
Forwards: Hunt Hunt Hunt Hunt Hunt

And some others......................................I want Hunt to start, any position will do.

GK;Hunt
CBs:Hunt Hunt
Mids;Hunt Hunt Hunt
Forwards: Hunt Hunt Hunt Hunt Hunt

And some others......................................I want Hunt to start, any position will do.

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

I don't disagree but I think Hunt just getting a place on the bench would be a good start ..........

Danny Mayor has proved himself to be a very good player, we never saw the best of him here.

Danny Mayor has proved himself to be a very good player, we never saw the best of him here.

Yes. I was not impressed when he was here but just like Reeves he seems to have improved given match time and experience ............ if only we could say the same for our own young players who unfortunately sit in the queue behind the loan players that are brought in.

It will be quite a meeting of old boys - Peter Clarke, Leon Clarke, Daniel Mayor and Worrall for us of course.

Yes. I was not impressed when he was here but just like Reeves he seems to have improved given match time and experience ............ if only we could say the same for our own young players who unfortunately sit in the queue behind the loan players that are brought in.

It will be quite a meeting of old boys - Peter Clarke, Leon Clarke, Daniel Mayor and Worrall for us of course.

We only have 2 loan players though so they are hardly keeping anyone out of the team. I really cannot think of any young players we have had in the last few seasons whose path has been blocked by loan players.

Dodoo was very poor on Saturday and was eventually substituted.

Mayor was excellent. Hit the post after an excellent run (and the rebound was struck against the opposite post) and scored the winner but Peter (£1m) Clarke was rightly named as the sponsors man of the match.

Etuhu looked pretty good too but Pope was poor.

QUOTE=Blues4LifeDan;1813439]Doodoo is the player that tore Bury apart in the league cup for Leicester. Think he got four goals. Bury cheekily tried to sign him straight after but Leicester said no. Then all of a sudden the foxes do amazingly well and Doodoo doesn't get a look in. In come Bury again and they get their man. Bury have so much talent at their disposal. Mayor, Clarke, P.Clarke to name a few. Be a very tough game...

Up steps Worrall to take the free kick....[/QUOTE]

I heard this match being advertised on Essex Radio at 7am this morning, Monday.
As it is last Friday before Christmas I hope we get a bumper crowd and that the bars are prepared that folk may want a drink or two, especially if they come straight from work events.
It seems like months since the last league game; and longer since a Friday Floodlight special.

This is their badge ..........

bury football.jpg

An explanation of the badge can be found on the Bury website .............

The various images contained in the crest are the anvil, representing metalwork (used to collect the blood for black puddings), a fleece representing wool (resulting from slaughtering sheep for their blood for black puddings), two crossed black puddings (bottom left) and culms of the papyrus plant that represent the paper making industry (used to wrap the black puddings).

The crest shows a bee representing the honey that was traditionally spread on cold black pudding for the workers lunch.

The Latin phrase 'Vincit - Omnia - Industria' is translated to read 'Conkers All Together' - a reference originally relating to the first world conker championship won by Bury's own Bill Micklethwaite in 1879 (with his secret conker hardening recipe) and now held in the Bury Recreational Centre every November.

The two stars, added for the 2011/12 season, represent the Shakers two FA Cup Final Victories in 1900 (4-0 v Southampton) and 1903 (6-0 v Derby County).

I hadn't realised they (Bury) had won the F.A. Cup twice (I thought it was only once) - well done. It's not that often we play past winners of such an excellent competition, is it?

I hadn't realised they (Bury) had won the F.A. Cup twice (I thought it was only once) - well done. It's not that often we play past winners of such an excellent competition, is it?

By my reckoning they are one of seven teams in the division to have won - Barnsley, Blackpool, Bradford, Bury, Coventry, Sheffield United and Wigan.

By my reckoning they are one of seven teams in the division to have won - Barnsley, Blackpool, Bradford, Bury, Coventry, Sheffield United and Wigan.

One of the great things about the English game - such a rich history, with a wide variety of teams having won major cups. In Spain for example, there are still plenty of top flight clubs who have never won a sausage. Or a chorizo even.

Back