• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bentley
White Thompson Barrett Coker
Worrall Leonard Timlin Hurst
Piggott Cassidy

Subs: Smith, Prosser, Weston, Payne Atkinson, Corr, Coulthirst

3-1 Blues

Bentley
Worrall Leonard Timlin Hurst
Piggott Cassidy

Subs: Smith, Prosser, Weston, Payne Atkinson, Corr, Coulthirst

3-1 Blues

Nearly agree, but I would have Prosser in for Thompson and Payne starting instead of Lenny. I'm not even going to attempt to forecast the result as we are at home.

Bentley
Deegan
Worrall Timlin Payne
Corr Piggott

I saw Phil today and he told me there will be 11 changes to the starting side at Stevenage.

Smith ( he said could be either and frankly couldn't tell them apart ).
Atkinson , Thompson , Prosser , Williams
Weston , Payne , Hurst , Coulthirst
Barnard , Cassidy.

Subs : Will be those that finish highest in his Friday Quiz

Where's Deegan?

Good question!! I should have had him on the bench but forgot. Maybe in for Lenny but Payne is due a goal and a start.

I saw Phil today and he told me there will be 11 changes to the starting side at Stevenage.

Smith ( he said could be either and frankly couldn't tell them apart ).
Atkinson , Thompson , Prosser , Williams
Weston , Payne , Hurst , Coulthirst
Barnard , Cassidy.

Subs : Will be those that finish highest in his Friday Quiz

I don't believe you because Phil would never start Barney.:smile:

I would play 3-5-2, we need width at home, we need to play Payne and we need two strikers in the box, pray the 3 centre-backs should cope as no doubt Carlisle will come for a point.

Bentley
White-Barrett-Prosser
Worrall-Deegan-Payne-Timlin-Coker
Corr-Pigott

subs P.Smith, Binnom-Williams, Thompson, Leonard, Hurst, Cassidy, Weston

Tough on those left out but we need some pace to inject later on, hence Weston.
A nervy 2-1 win, goals from Corr & Worrall

bit early yet to pick team, injurers etc.

We should beat this team, but then again we should have beat Accrington, thats football for you.

i would def start with Corr if he is fit.

Bentley
Deegan
Worrall Timlin Payne
Corr Piggott

As 4-4-2 I could be with you. Need width at home and have not had that lately and that makes me slightly nervous about including Payne so I'd bring either Hurst or Weston in on the left wing in place of him in your line up. I'm Lenny's biggest fan but he has not been at it lately and Deegan and Timlin should be well balanced.

I don't care no more it's going to be like all the other home games this season ,boring to watch and just frustrating

I haven't been able to guess PB's selections any better than 9 from 11 this season so against Carlisle isn't an easy choice.
We were good/ok until PB made the changes last time out, and unless Ben or Dan are injured I would suspect PB will start with the same line up.
IMO Lenny is a weakness on present form and if he was put on the bench I would expect either Atko or Payne to take his place; with Payne there is more chance of goals for us & with Atko less chance of conceding.

I'd go with:

Bentley
White Thompson Barrett/Prosser Coker
Worrall Deegan Timlin Payne
Piggott Corr

Don't expect Leonard to be dropped anytime soon though. In the 4 games he has missed this season, we've won 3.

I'd go with:

Bentley
White Thompson Barrett/Prosser Coker
Piggott Corr

Don't expect Leonard to be dropped anytime soon though. In the 4 games he has missed this season, we've won 3.

I'd go with the above except for Barrett... His lack of pace was exposed on Saturday and I personally think it was a mistake to bring him back.

Prosser has shown loyalty to the club despite being dropped by Brown and always put in a shift. Barrett at best is a squad/bench player and should not be considered to start. We should have faith in the players that have got us there or there abouts during this season.

It's time Leonard is benched and i think Thompson and Barrett could form a good partnership if given the chance to play together, it could be the perfect mix of youth and experience. (or Thompson and Prosser)

Bentley
Cassidy Pigott

Smith, Prosser, JBW, Leonard, Atkinson, Shaq, Corr.

Maybe a bit harsh on Corr not to start him but he really wasn't that great on Saturday (yes i know he scored but it was only a penalty) he really isn't as good as he used to be but a lot of people still seem to think he is amazing, at times this season he has been painful to watch (not helped by being up front by himself to be fair). He still has a big part to play as an impact sub tho IMO which was shown against Accrington.

I'm looking forward to this one as I've missed the last couple of games, it's got 1-1 all over this game, hope I'm wrong but we are due to spank someone at home real soon, hope it's this Saturday.

Oh Gawd!!! :facepalm:

My selection would be:

Bentley (if fit, if not then Ted)

White, Thompson, Prosser, Coker

Worrall, Deegan, Leonard, Timlin

Cassidy and Pigott

I still think Leonard is a better prospect if played as an attacking midfielder. Too often he's been played as the defensive one with Tims the attacking. If Hurst is fit then bung Tims back in the middle and drop Lenny.

I honestly think Corr is more use to us as an impact sub once the other two have worn down the opposition defence.

Back