• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United vs Cheltenham Town 17th October 2020 15:00 FL2

What would be your starting 11 for Saturday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Macca was fit I’d stick him in CM and Demi at RB but if Macca isn’t fit, Elvis is in .. certainly wouldn’t stick Hobson there again

Anyone know where I can get hold of a tallish metal stanchion in time for Saturday? I've been able to replicate much of the West Stand match experience but I'm feeling wistful and nostalgic for the one that I had to peer round when the ball went down to the NW Corner. I've tried placing Mrs RHB in front of the screen but it just doesn't cut it.

I’ve got a ladder you can borrow for any commentators that are taking the brave ascent to the gantry?

May have missed it with all the Kelman saga, but have we had an injury update this week? Goodship, went off hamstring or cramp? Macca will he be fit? Lennon.....etc. i guess we might hear today.

May have missed it with all the Kelman saga, but have we had an injury update this week? Goodship, went off hamstring or cramp? Macca will he be fit? Lennon.....etc. i guess we might hear today.
I thought the same, Goodship didn't seem to suddenly give way so hopefully he was removed precautionary in time. Who knows what poor young Lennon, or JW's injury woes are? I thought K Taylor also had an ankle injury? Is JD okay as he faded in last 15 minutes?

The game on Saturday heralds a spell of no less than 5 games in a fortnight. Wonder how many of our players will be fit enough to play all five? More importantly how many points will we have after the fifth game? Let's hope we have some figures (other than zero) in the win column. A settled team would help enormously.

Blimey 5 games in 2 weeks? Thats a guranteed 3 season-ending injuries..

View attachment 13028

Here we go again, this time at home to Cheltenham Town . They currently hold 4th place in the table with 3 wins and one defeat, so another tough game for our Blue boys. And, as usual, if any Robins fans are looking in then you are very welcome to join the debate. Normal deal on iFollow, season Card holders watch with code, for everyone else its a tenner unless you're an overseas exile and then it's € 8.

It’s the Pre Match thread, you know what to do.

Unless you're an overseas exile (like me) who's already paid for the season (in which case IIRC it was 160 euros).Still the last 2 games have been worth it.Let's hope we can go one better on Saturday.

Goodship has apparently trained today so should be available, if selected.

I would have though Lennon is still available. Macca is surely still a couple of weeks away even if he's returned to training.

Think it's just the cameraman who goes up there.BBC Essex's commentators are usually in the commentary box at the back of the East stand.

Yep - it doesn’t help that they are the opposite side to the camera - right to left and left to right and all that - it also explains some of the mistaken identity (apart from Emile Heskey) They wont have a screen to watch the action on or the replays - if they did watch ifollow it would be 50 seconds behind their commentary....

Yep - it doesn’t help that they are the opposite side to the camera - right to left and left to right and all that - it also explains some of the mistaken identity (apart from Emile Heskey) They wont have a screen to watch the action on or the replays - if they did watch ifollow it would be 50 seconds behind their commentary....

That seems to be the main problem.Whenever I watch a Fulham game, one of the two commentators is always looking at the action on a TV moniter.

Like many , I’ve seen a real improvement game by game and I’m heartened by that.
But quite honestly tomorrow I would take 89 minutes of pressure and then a break away to score with the ball ricocheting off several players and going in off their goalies back side.
Time for 3 points.

And Cheltenham Town are called "The Robins" - not alone in using that nickname of course.

Let's hope we can "clip their wings" and "stop them singing" on Saturday. :Facepalm:

--------------------------------OXLEY------------------------------
HOBSON---------DIENG----------------LENNON---------RALPH
STERLING------DEMETRIOU-----TAYLOR-----NATHANIEL-GEORGE
-----------------GOODSHIP---ACQUAH----------------------------

EGBRI, BWOMONO, CLIFFORD, R.TAYLOR, KYPRIANOU, PHILLIPS, SEADON

We shouldn’t underestimate Cheltenham even though they have lost at home to Morecambe and Grimsby. They only lost 4 away league games last season and 2 of those were in August.

They also have the bonus of having 8 players who started all 5 games this season and 3 who have started 4 games. Oh for a settled side. They have also signed an aged prolific scorer and a couple of experienced midfielders

It wouldn’t surprise me if we lose again, a draw would be a good result. If we concede I can’t see us winning.

--------------------------------OXLEY------------------------------
HOBSON---------DIENG----------------LENNON---------RALPH
STERLING------DEMETRIOU-----TAYLOR-----NATHANIEL-GEORGE
-----------------GOODSHIP---ACQUAH----------------------------

EGBRI, BWOMONO, CLIFFORD, R.TAYLOR, KYPRIANOU, PHILLIPS, SEADON

Blimey - did you see Hobson's performance at RB last week? Elvis should walk straight back in - can't argue with the rest though - albeit Clifford is a little unlucky to be sitting out. Nice to have options for a change though.

Easily sorted - don't watch Fulham games! :Smile:

Ha! I don't now they're in the Prem again (for this season at least).Happy enough with MOTD glimpses and match " highlights" on Fulham's OS. I was talking about their Championship and summer play offs campaign.Given the choice I'd much sooner watch us play Chetenham than see Fulham away at Sheff. United tomorrow anyway.

Back