• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United vs Cheltenham Town

Looks like a 5-2-3 to me with Bwomono and Ralph as wingbacks. I like it a lot actually.

Oxley
Bwomono, Hobson, Dieng, Lennon, Ralph
Demetriou, Taylor
Sterling, Goodship, Acquah​

Or a 5-2-2-1 with Sterling and Goodship playing off Acquah.

Oxley
Bwomono, Hobson, Dieng, Lennon, Ralph
Demetriou, Taylor
Sterling, Goodship
Acquah​

Reactions: ESG
I don’t see a change in formation at this stage and how many games of 442??

Oxley

Elvis. Hobson. Lennon. Ralph.

JD. Dieng. Taylor. Goodship.

Sterling. Acquah

Reactions: GDM

Oxley

Sterling. Acquah

Have they not started putting the teamsheet out in formation order rather than numerical order though? That’s what’s confusing me.

Has anyone else not received their programme in the post - if you signed up.

Safe to say I didn't expect those tactics today but it does make some sense given how Cheltenham generally play. That's assuming this is 5-2-3 that is.

Oxley

Sterling. Acquah
Yup that’s how I see it. Not sure why he’d suddenly switch formation after 2 encouraging draws.

Oxley

Sterling. Acquah
I would usually agree with your logic but I think this year the team sheet has consistently reflected the formation we are playing. I guess by now it’s be read out of BBC Essex though?

Back