• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United vs Cheltenham Town

We have nowt up front. Nada, nothing, zilch, zero. No way of threatening the opposition. We need akinola and some free agent from somewhere.
This is absolutey key. Cannot be relying on Sterling and Acquah every week. Both have their merits and may have a decent future but we need to compete, we need to start winning some games now. Signing a forward with L2 experience is a priority.

Sounds bloody terrible from reading the thread, hope MMs not gonna be mr tinkerman, we dont have even close to the personel required to do that, and its naive to think an inexperienced League 2 team can do it.

On the plus side i was busy today so saved a tenner

I confidently predict that MM will say we have learned some lessons today - please change the record and just say we were poor.

I expected to get beat today, but I thought we might at least give it a bit of a go. Simply awful and no one played well.

With 5 games in a fortnight perhaps this wasn't the game to throw the kitchen sink at. In MM I trust.

We were beaten by a fitter, stronger and far better organised team today and that seems to be the way of things, easily harried off the ball and losing possession far to easily. I`ll give it `till Christmas, when I hope by then our injured experienced players are back playing and we perform more as a team and then to decide whether this present squad has got a future or is doomed to failure. As of now, our threat upfront is so minimal, I fear the latter option.

I think this was our worst performance so far.
Oxley and Hobson's howlers had lost to do with the defeat to Harrogate, but this was toothless from start to finish.
The absolute basics: throw-ins; control; speed; savvy, like where to run, are just not there, and they aint gonna be anytime soon,
Anybody would think Cheltenham were Real Madrid the time they had on the ball.
Individually, Lennon, Ralph and Dieng were OK: the rest: pants, except Sterling: he was double pants!
That sterling is ****ing shocking ... absolutely everything you get from an over privileged premiership youngster ... we have another joining us Monday ????

Loma & Teo?

Fight of the year. Loma via points for me.

Yes mate, you know it! I am absolutely buzzing for it. I'm hoping Loma will humble the young buck. But tbh, I'm just going to appreciate the fighters as I am watching it.

Back