• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United vs Cheltenham Town

Also my Rugby League team won and play in th grand final next weekend in Australia and have Bathurst to look forward to tomorrow

Easiest win Cheltenham will have all season.

Until the away fixture

I’ve seen enough for one day. Utterly woeful performance. One step forward, ten steps backwards. All that feel good feeling from last weeks result gone. We never looked threatening all game long. You have to question MM decision to change a team that played so well only to resort to it when 0-2 down. Not happy at all.

Another tenner wasted to watch a terrible performance too many players do not have a clue!

I’m not going to rate individual players, nor am I going to criticise MM too much, though I really don’t understand why he set the team up like he did today. If something’s working stick with it. We badly need to show some fight and some character. As from Tuesday. We need to beat Salford. If we can’t start winning games soon it’ll be last season again, as in, teams will know they have beat us before kick off. We’ll be adrift. Promise and the odd draw isn’t good enough. I’ll leave it there, just hope that MM can carry on working on these players’ fitness and confidence. The clock is ticking.

Thankfully I have some Boxing to watch later on to help me forget about this.

Shocking, bit better when we went 442 but way too late. Naive tactics came together with a poor performance and the result was painful to watch.

There will be no ratings from me as that will require me at some level to relive the game...

Now where did I put that bottle of gin..,

Clueless players and manager stay like this and we are going down WAKE UP MARTIN

What a waste of time.

I painted some skirting boards before this match kicked off. Wish i'd watched them dry than the 90 minutes that was dished up.

Plus points. Cheltenham are a good side at this level. Seen by there closing down of our players whenever we might have got on the ball.

Fed up with the phrase, Southend have a lot to learn. If thats the case, skip training for 2 days and get them in a classroom and tell them all the bad things they are doing. Why do you need experience to know that when Hobson, Lennon etc get the ball at their feet they will look to try and ping it into the channels for someone to run onto. How many times do the forwards need telling this easy point.

I’m not going to rate individual players, nor am I going to criticise MM too much, though I really don’t understand why he set the team up like he did today. If something’s working stick with it. We badly need to show some fight and some character. As from Tuesday. We need to beat Salford. If we can’t start winning games soon it’ll be last season again, as in, teams will know they have beat us before kick off. We’ll be adrift. Promise and the odd draw isn’t good enough. I’ll leave it there, just hope that MM can carry on working on these players’ fitness and confidence. The clock is ticking.
Sad to say it was probably as foolish as to try and find a formation that allowed him to play Hobson and Sterling. Should have just picked who he thinks are the best two CBs, the best two wide midfield and best two upfront even if that meant leaving out a couple he would rather not have

I think this was our worst performance so far.
Oxley and Hobson's howlers had lost to do with the defeat to Harrogate, but this was toothless from start to finish.
The absolute basics: throw-ins; control; speed; savvy, like where to run, are just not there, and they aint gonna be anytime soon,
Anybody would think Cheltenham were Real Madrid the time they had on the ball.
Individually, Lennon, Ralph and Dieng were OK: the rest: pants, except Sterling: he was double pants!

I just don’t understand why MM set us up like he did today. There were so many gaps for them to hit the long balls into space. Elvis and Hobson can’t stop a cross to save their life.

We’ve got too many youngsters in the team. Desperately crying out for some experience along side them

Back