• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United vs Coventry City 15th February 2020 3:00pm

What's your starting 11 for Saturday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well we need 9 points from this week to keep us with a mathematical chance of staying up.Were Kelman and Hutchinson being held back for this week.....I don't know.....just hope Sol hasn't given up yet....must be feeling like he been asked to row the Atlantic without oars .Again the first goal will be crucial for the confidence of the youngsters.If we lose heavily.... this week will become very interesting in the stands

Don't forget it's a SUEPA Match Day with Scott Forbes as our guest. He seems quite a character and has paid for a lot of extra seats to have family and friends with him. I'll be asking him to replicate his celebration of his goal v Canvey when he gets introduced to the crowd just before kick-off. I anticipate that @Ricey will spontaneously combust at that point.
Scott Forbes 2.jpg

Not looking forward to this, but with a huge away support we have got to do our bit and try and get behind our young Blues and give them every encouragement.

Not looking forward to this, but with a huge away support we have got to do our bit and try and get behind our young Blues and give them every encouragement.

Remember the last home game though.
Probably the proudest I’ve felt watching SUFC for years.

I've got a plan. We need someone to fake the symptoms of coronavirus, then invade Coventry's training ground, coughing spluttering and breathing on everyone. They'll be forced to self-isolate themselves and play a weakened team!

Well I've not got it. I don't even drink the stuff.

I wouldn't be surprised if its called off tomorrow due to safety reasons. Knowing the storm that's due tomorrow and the state of parts of the stadium, maybe the heirarchy may think it's not worth the risk. Only about a month ago part of the BMW signage fell off when it was only a bit windy but luckily it was early before the crowd came in! :Unsure:

9 points God were hoping I don't think we will get that total for the rest of the season

I wouldn't be surprised if its called off tomorrow due to safety reasons. Knowing the storm that's due tomorrow and the state of parts of the stadium, maybe the heirarchy may think it's not worth the risk. Only about a month ago part of the BMW signage fell off when it was only a bit windy but luckily it was early before the crowd came in! :Unsure:

Ah, there's your problem, BMW stuff is always falling apart. Now if the main signage was for Skoda there wouldn't be a problem.:Winking:

If Cov are bringing 1500-ish, including many pay on the gate, then the Chairman will be sweating about a possible postponement due to weather. Forecast does look very bad tho.

I hope it is cancelled for the fact it would annoy ron Martin the greedy c##t

We really need this game to go ahead, from a financial perspective. The wind might be a good leveller.

Its just the way our luck is going at the moment...potentially one of the biggest crowds of the season so far with much needed revenue potentially postponed for a Tuesday night when less than 5000 turn up

According to the Met Office, the wind will be around 30mph in Southend tomorrow, that certainly is not enough to call off the game!!

H

The BBC weather site for Southend on sea has warnings and 55mph gusts at 3 o'clock!
I guess we won't know until we get to the ground. The last thing the club will want is a postponement but maybe the police will be the final arbitors on safety grounds. Anyone on nodding terms on Twitter with the Old Bill's liasion Officer for the club? Maybe he could shed some light on the criteria.

Back