• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United vs Coventry City 15th February 2020 3:00pm

What's your starting 11 for Saturday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SOUTHEND United manager Sol Campbell will rally the troops before tomorrow’s tough-looking clash against Coventry City at Roots Hall.

More...

Coventry fan....“This team is playing some of the best football I have ever seen before and with a goalkeeper and back line that are so difficult to get past I think we have an excellent shot of getting promoted.”

Sounds ominous. Lets hope that wind really gets up. Could level things up a little.
I also hope the stadium gets checked in the morning. Look out above you, and stay safe people.

Coventry have only scored 41 goals so far this season. That's only eight more than us.

Sadly they have conceded only 28 goals. That's just 48 less than us......

So it's got 0-2 written all over it.... Come on Storm Dennis, blow us some goals into the Coventry net.

Funny how things change. It was only a few years ago that we went to the Ricoh and they played a team of kids, as they were certain to get relegated. They did and came back up pretty quickly.
Here's hoping, we can do the same.

I hope Hump can play, he can be a real threat, if not maybe Goodship needs the nod?.
I expect Sol will rotate Kelman and hopefully Hutch back in.
With the wind we MUST not play into it first OR concede as it would be a big ask to chase the game from a poor start with the construction of our playing staff.

The team will be younger than Tuesdays because of injuries.

Cov fan here,

We are playing beautiful, football-on-the-deck stuff but aren't exactly ruthless if front of goal.

I'm more nervous than most.

Dont think I'll bother with my cap tomorrow as it'll probably be at The QE2 Bridge by half time.

Hi sky blues fan here. Got a good friend who’s a shrimper and gutted to see where you are in the league. Most of us think that it’s going to be a hard fought game today and really close. We may play nice Footie and defend well but we don’t make many chances or score many of those we make. Hope you can turn things round as a club even if that means dropping to league 2 for a season. All the best for the rest of the season after this game of course

Hi sky blues fan here. Got a good friend who’s a shrimper and gutted to see where you are in the league. Most of us think that it’s going to be a hard fought game today and really close. We may play nice Footie and defend well but we don’t make many chances or score many of those we make. Hope you can turn things round as a club even if that means dropping to league 2 for a season. All the best for the rest of the season after this game of course
Thanks for that mate, appreciated. If you could go just a little bit further on the sympathy front and let us win to build our kids confidence that would be very nice and we will be grateful.:Winking:

I hope it is cancelled for the fact it would annoy ron Martin the greedy c##t

I don't get people like you. A cancellation would hurt the Club, which is suffering quite enough pain as it is - and that in turn hurts the players, staff and ultimately, us!

It's not forecast as windy as last weekend but probably rainier - I am keeping my fingers well and truly crossed that it goes ahead.

I don't get people like you. A cancellation would hurt the Club, which is suffering quite enough pain as it is - and that in turn hurts the players, staff and ultimately, us!

It's not forecast as windy as last weekend but probably rainier - I am keeping my fingers well and truly crossed that it goes ahead.
Very true, a thousand Cov fans at £20 each is a tidy sum, certainly much better than the likely travelling fans on a re arranged mid week game.

Very blowy down on Chalkwell Beach this morning

Yes it would be financially disastrous for the club if it was cancelled.However with the storm likely to be in full effect when the game is close to starting I don't see the game being off unless of course part of the ground or near the stadium becomes unsafe for spectators.
Let's hope someone at the club has done some risk assessment on the this.Fingers crossed it goes ahead all spectators arrive and get home safely and we get a decent result

Back