• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United vs Coventry City

What's your choice for Saturday's starting 11?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Next up are the Sky Blues of Coventry at Roots Hall this Saturday. On our current form this is definitely one we can win but no match is easy these days it seems. I was confident that we would give Oxford a whacking and got that wrong so this time I'm really hoping we win well, ugly or anything in between.

Still no news on John White or Tom Hopper but I presume we will have Demi back so competition for places will be fierce. Nobody that started at Gillingham deserves to be dropped but if Hopper is fit then Theo will drop to the bench.

An improved home attendance after Saturday and a good Coventry turnout should make Roots Hall a great place to be. See you there all. COYB.

South Stand / Family area should be filling up - I believe it's junior shrimpers day - maybe kids for a quid ?? not sure but hey if so....:Clap:

Plus Coventry usually have a good away following ...should / could be busy ..8k plus would be excellent

Tricky one this. What a luxury to have competition for places where more than one option for several spots genuinely merits inclusion! Chris must be delighted to have this headache.

My guess (and it’s a complete punt) is that he will go for:

Oxley
Demetriou
White
Turner
Moore
Coker
Yearwood
Dieng
Mantom
Cox
Hopper

Subs: Bishop, Lennon, Hendrie, Bwomono, Kightly, Klass, McLaughlin, Robinson

Yep, that would be my pick too Spiffy. The only slight concern would be with Demi. After his last International jaunt he was totally crackered for us on the Saturday.

Yep, that would be my pick too Spiffy. The only slight concern would be with Demi. After his last International jaunt he was totally crackered for us on the Saturday.

That's a bit of a strong bench as well. Quite a few of those would be automatic starters elsewhere in FL1.

Team selection will be interesting; those injured may be available & that includes Lennon: plus the returning Internationals HOWEVER none of those who started Saturday didn't work hard & maybe deserve to keep their starting spot - e.g. Theo & Hendrie.
With a game on the Tuesday after Saturday it maybe that we start as we did against Gills and have a very strong bench.
It is a regular thing that sides that win seem not to get the injuries so some may wait for a while to take their chance.

Team selection will be interesting; those injured may be available & that includes Lennon: plus the returning Internationals HOWEVER none of those who started Saturday didn't work hard & maybe deserve to keep their starting spot - e.g. Theo & Hendrie.
With a game on the Tuesday after Saturday it maybe that we start as we did against Gills and have a very strong bench.
It is a regular thing that sides that win seem not to get the injuries so some may wait for a while to take their chance.
I'm in two minds with your logic Massimo. The Theo bit especially is difficult. He worked his proverbials off on Saturday and was a real problem for the Gills defence, but if Hopper is fit how can we leave him out?

Plus Coventry usually have a good away following ...should / could be busy ..8k plus would be excellent[/QUOTE said:
Reckon we could get 8.5k for this. Coventry took 1900 to Charlton the other week, & a trip to the Essex Riviera is more appealing than one to S.E. London?.
Surely we will have 6.5k of our fans in attendance......?

Have Cyprus got two games? If so I would leave Demi until Tuesday.

White for Hendrie and Hopper for Robinson if they are both 100% otherwise I would leave as.

OBL will be the voice of authority on this one ...
Thank you! This Saturday is "Junior Blues" day - any JB can attend free of charge but a ticket must still be "purchased". Lots of pre match fun and shenanigans, something a bit different for our flag wavers, a half time pitch walk and penalty shoot out - and hopefully a bit more pro active stuff inside the ground.

Thank you! This Saturday is "Junior Blues" day - any JB can attend free of charge but a ticket must still be "purchased". Lots of pre match fun and shenanigans, something a bit different for our flag wavers, a half time pitch walk and penalty shoot out - and hopefully a bit more pro active stuff inside the ground.

Not just a JB day, free tickets handed out for local schools of which my kids are part of it so an ideal chance to get them down to the hall with their friends to cheer on the Blues.
Sons birthday on Wednesday so he'll be wearing his new SUFC kit on Saturday! :Happy:

Im sure CP said he wanted Lennon to have 1 or 2 u23 games first to get his fitness back so if White is still not fit i would leave Hendrie in the side ,think he could turn into a decent CB given time .

I'd leave Demi out the 11. He looked really tired after international duty last time and we have two games in quick succession. Plus, Elvis would be massively hard done by, being left out after Saturday's performance. How can we say to players, 'go earn the shirt,' and then take it off of them when they do just that.

Last edited:
I agree and would continue with Elvis, maybe Demi with a 20 minute cameo from midfield if appropriate . Elvis was excellent against Gills and deserves to retain his place especially as Demi will no doubt be fairly tired after two tough Nations league games.
i believe Harry Kyprianou is likely to play his fourth Under 21 s game against Malta today. I would like to see more of him again soon, at least on the bench. however on 16 th and 19 th November Demetriou is likely to be away again in the National league and I assume Harry as well given the Under 21s linking dates. Presumably Harry is gaining good experience through the National Under 21s competition, and I'd like to see more of him, given how well he did in brief past cameos

Tricky one this. What a luxury to have competition for places where more than one option for several spots genuinely merits inclusion! Chris must be delighted to have this headache.

My guess (and it’s a complete punt) is that he will go for:

Oxley
Demetriou
White
Turner
Moore
Coker
Yearwood
Dieng
Mantom
Cox
Hopper

Subs: Bishop, Lennon, Hendrie, Bwomono, Kightly, Klass, McLaughlin, Robinson

Good call , but one too many on the bench I think ?

Off topic, I know, but does that mean if Dru gets another call up, we could potentially postpone games for the 3 internationals rule?

Not really fair on anyone to lose their place after a 2-0 win, would send the wrong message surely? You lose the shirt, you have to earn it back.

Back