• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United vs Coventry City

What's your choice for Saturday's starting 11?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good to see that ricohroar has joined the Zone today, welcome @ricohroar. And obviously McCoulsky's growing reputation has reached Coventry as he has voted for Shawn in the Poll. Good shout mate, hope you enjoy the game Saturday if you're coming down.

So , we all pretty much agree on 9 of them....bunfight over the remaining 2 places (and bench filling....sorry, "finishers")

Perhaps I was misled when looking at the selection list,but I took it that we should assume that all 20 players are fully fit eg Hyam,Kiernan,Bunn still injured.
That being the case,Demi and Lennon must take these last 2 places,and yes I know Hendrie and White have filled in quite well and Elvis is highly promising at wing- back.

Why would you change the team that did so well last weekend? The only change for me would be Hopper coming back in.

I would bring in Hopper , Demitriou and White for Robinson , Elvia and Hendrie.

Tough on the guys being left out , but those three never lost form and were part of a team doing well , so should regain their places IMO.

Even though we won at Gillingham. You can change a winning team. If its stronger!!
I would bring Demi back in for Elvis, too me a more complete player at this stage of their career.
The no brainer, is if fit bring to me our best player, so far this year, Tom Hopper for Theo.
Theo does a lot of work that is not appreciated, but is a very frustrating player.

I would also keep Hendrie in the back three, exactly the same back 3 who did well with the Gills attack, and snuffed out that poor mans Andy Carroll (how was he man of the match).

I would bring in Hopper , Demitriou and White for Robinson , Elvia and Hendrie.

Tough on the guys being left out , but those three never lost form and were part of a team doing well , so should regain their places IMO.

You would have to expect this. Hendrie did a decent job as a makeshift but JW is used to the position as has done very well. Hopper ahead of Theo in the goal and performance stakes. Demi likewise ahead of Elvis -although both Theo and Elvis have done well.

However- this assumes hopper and JW fully recovered.

Even though we won at Gillingham. You can change a winning team. If its stronger!!
I would bring Demi back in for Elvis, too me a more complete player at this stage of their career.
The no brainer, is if fit bring to me our best player, so far this year, Tom Hopper for Theo.
Theo does a lot of work that is not appreciated, but is a very frustrating player.

I would also keep Hendrie in the back three, exactly the same back 3 who did well with the Gills attack, and snuffed out that poor mans Andy Carroll (how was he man of the match).

Probably because it was chosen by the home supporters.

He had a very decent first half to be fair and all their attacking play came through Eaves’ hold-up play. On another day he might have scored a couple in that first period and we’d have been facing defeat.

It was a close game devoid of much quality but luckily the real moments of class came during a 5 minute spell from our boys in the second half and it was enough to win the game.

92 voters and 90 votes for Oxley with no other goalkeeper on the list. Who the hell do 2 people want in goal?! :Stunned:

92 voters and 90 votes for Oxley with no other goalkeeper on the list. Who the hell do 2 people want in goal?! :Stunned:
They probably see Oxley as a given because of the lack of GK choice. I tried to be realistic when putting players on the list.

You would have to expect this. Hendrie did a decent job as a makeshift but JW is used to the position as has done very well. Hopper ahead of Theo in the goal and performance stakes. Demi likewise ahead of Elvis -although both Theo and Elvis have done well.

However- this assumes hopper and JW fully recovered.

Both took a full part in training this morning at B&L.

However, Dru came off early, was limping slightly and didn't look happy. Having said that Ben C or for that matter any other of the training/fitness staff didn't 'rush to his aid' or look concerned so hopefully nothing to worry about!

SOUTHEND United manager Chris Powell is keen for the Shrimpers to end their bizarre North Bank hoodoo at Roots Hall this weekend.

More...

SOUTHEND United’s impressive on loan defender Taylor Moore feels he is still benefitting from his upbringing in French football.

More...

SOUTHEND United manager Chris Powell feels his Shrimpers side have yet to hit top form - despite their recent run of fine results.

More...

Back