• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
For those of you who thought this thread was started yesterday, you're not wrong. Les from Doncaster started it, Spaceman Spiff converted it into a pre-match thread and I managed to nuke it all this morning by mistake. Apologies to all that posted. Lets start again. doh!:dim:

OK. Les from Donny said that we were fortunate to be playing Rovers at this time due to the absence of several of their leading players. Let's hope that he is right because we really need a good performance and a good result to get us back on track after the misfortunes of the last fortnight. COYBs!

I'm not sure Woody is ready for a start so I would give Timlin a chance to prove last Saturday was a blip. For me, this should be the starting line up:

Oxley
Demetriou, Turner, Ferdinand, Coker
McLaughlin, Yearwood, Timlin, Kightly
Fortune, Cox

Yep, I'd concur with that side, which still leaves a decent bench, including Wordy, so some options there.

We have three games in eight days coming up, so maybe a chance to rotate a little, if we choose to, in those other games. Especially if we win on Saturday and get a little closer to the points needed to be safe.

I'm not sure Woody is ready for a start so I would give Timlin a chance to prove last Saturday was a blip. For me, this should be the starting line up:

Oxley
Fortune, Cox

Yep, this one for me.

Oxley
Fortune, Cox

Spot on with the starting XI

Would like to have seen Wabo in contention, but he’s now at Ebbsfleet, so would expect to see Harrison, Lapoodle, Woody, McG on the bench along with kid Goalie, Kyrianpou, and Elvis. Interesting to see if Mantom gets mentioned.

Back to winning ways I predict

Interestingly Walsall got thumped 0-3 by Rochdale at home last night, loads of odd results coming through, so who knows.

I agree it would have been nice to see Wabo on the bench, so I guess Theo may join Harrison and Lapado as subs.

I hope our lads have noted Walsall's crushing home defeat last night by lowly Rochdale - it should rub salt into their wounds.

I very much doubt anyone will deviate much from that team. Seems pretty much our best eleven at the minute with Woody, Wright and Mantom finding their way back to fitness.

In summary I said that you should get 3 points on Saturday. We've got an injury list as long as Southend Pier, and missing key players from key positions. All outfield positions are weaker due the absence of first choice players.

In summary I said that you should get 3 points on Saturday. We've got an injury list as long as Southend Pier, and missing key players from key positions. All outfield positions are weaker due the absence of first choice players.

If I remember correctly Les, you said something very similar just before we visited the Keepmoat earlier in the season!! That went so well for us that I reckon you're just drawing us in you tinker.

If I remember correctly Les, you said something very similar just before we visited the Keepmoat earlier in the season!! That went so well for us that I reckon you're just drawing us in you tinker.

I think before the home game I said our form was poor, not that we had an injury crisis. This time our form is very average worse than yours, only one win in 2018 and that was at home. You're form is far better than ours, and given our injury crisis you should be able to get revenge for your defeat at the KM earlier in the season.

What's the thinking with Fergie, Les?

Is patience wearing thin or have the fans still got plenty of faith in him?

The jury is out on Fergie, some fans want him gone, others will give him the time to make progress on and off the pitch.

It sounds a little bit like our situation with Phil Brown, although I know Fergie has only been with you guys for three years. There's the school of thought that he has done OK v. The school of thought that he has taken the club as far as he is likely to. You shouldn't go down this year, so I guess it's something that can be assessed in the summer.

I thought Doncaster did well not to show him the door when you were relegated and he proved it was the right decision, so it sounds like you have a Chairman and Board of Directors that do show some loyalty, which is never a bad thing.

Fergie has two weaknesses, formation - doesn't set up a team to defend, we do ok if we score first, but if the other team scores first, it becomes an uphill struggle. We also concede lots of goals in the final minutes of the game, wins become draws, draws become loss. He has a struggle turning around a bad run, happened two years ago, and Rovers fans are worried that history will repeat itself this season. I think this time, if we went down, Fergie wouldn't be given another chance by the Board.

Couple of seasons back, we played Gillingham at home ( they narrowly missed the play offs that season ), & they had 6 or 7 regulars out injured.
We just scrapped a 1-1 draw, so I take nothing for granted. ( Hope your right though! ).

In contrast to last week, they are forecasting 15 degrees on Saturday.

Break out the suncream!

I'm not saying we should pin our hopes on one player but I do feel Kightly starting is huge for our team.

Since Powell has come in, he has created partnerships across the team. We massively missed the Coker/Kightly partnership on Saturday, which meant we didn't have lots going on down the left flank. That's probably why Cox kept drifting out there (like he did under Brown). Cox had stopped doing that in recent weeks as he knew Kightly was out there and could easily create chances. Hopefully now Kights is back, the balance in the side will be back again and Cox will stay more central.

Back