• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United vs Fleetwood Town

Anyone who is crying for this Hutchinson lad to start needs their head screwed on properly. The kid has played once vs a L2 reserve team and scored a goal. He hasn't even made the bench (?) for a league game nor even made a sub appearance.

Wabo had a few cameo appearances under Brown but CP clearly doesn't think he is ready. The bloke isn't shy of throwing youth players into the mix but Wabo would be lucky to make it on as a sub.

Tomorrow is going to be a tough game, even harder now that they've signed Ross Wallace, a brilliant set piece player vs what is, at the moment, our Achilles heal. We need to stick to experience
Maybe.but what I've seen of Hutchinson he looks like he'll do a better job then macouglin so give him a chance

And how did that 2 yard tap in happen? Good play by Cox. Leave the front two alone, they are fine. Got to get two fit centre mids and a solid centre back pairing. I would go for Taylor and Turner myself. Maybe even switch White to right back, Male sure we don’t concede.
Play Cox behind the front 2 simple! He creates goals better then he scores them

Not just Madden but Bolger should be worth a few quid. When Turner went off injured back in January we had no one who could deal with him.

I wonder if CP will acknowledge his mistake and name Turner back in the staring 11

Difficult to acknowledge a mistake if you haven't made one so I suggest he won't.

Neither centre back was responsible for the defeat last week but sadly the previous week one centre back was.

Last edited:
If McCoulsky doesn't start or is not given at least 20 minutes at the end, then I almost give up. (I will never give up really). It's not like our strikers are pulling up tree's or looking dangerous.
The other thing guys and gals, it's predicted plenty of rain. Just to let you know before you turn up in your summer wear.

Crap, I'd packed me Speedo's for the journey down/across....:Blush:

Not particularly looking forward to today, am hoping that going and not expecting anything means I'll get a lovely surprise when we do!

Hoping we get to give Drewe Broughton a welcome back as a SUEPA member.

Not particularly looking forward to today, am hoping that going and not expecting anything means I'll get a lovely surprise when we do!

Hoping we get to give Drewe Broughton a welcome back as a SUEPA member.

How strange.

I'm really looking forward to watching us have the opportunity to take on a Barton team and send them and particularly him back up North pointless.

Mind you I was looking forward to us doing the same to Evans even if he only had to go back as far as Peterborough.

I have looked forward to watching far, far worse Blues teams with far, far worse managers.

Let's hope for a good performance- we've played OK in the majority of games this season - a helping of good fortune and a home win.

I'm really looking forward to watching us have the opportunity to take on a Barton team and send them and particularly him back up North pointless.

Mind you I was looking forward to us doing the same to Evans even if he only had to go back as far as Peterborough.

I always look forward to those kind of outcomes, I guess I should have said I'm treating today with a certain amount of trepidation.

Incidentally, no parking at SHSB today apparently.

Back