• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United vs Harrogate Town

That was shocking, embarrassing, awkward, unexpected.... I am lost for words. I only listened to last Saturday's game and you can't compare the performance of some individuals. Hutchinson , Green, Elvis,, Oxley......

I have no idea what will happen this season....

I have supported this club for sixty years and that fourth goal was the worst I have ever seen us concede!
Desperately trying to remember the game where Mel Capleton picked up a back pass, and the free-kick was hammered into his net.
I seem to remember he admitted he had forgotten the rule.
But yeah, this was one probably tops it for the way Hobson gave up.
I hope Chris Phillips asks him about it.

Entirely predictable - couldn't believe that Harrogate were not favourites before the game! If the embargo isn't lifted next week its non league guaranteed

Entirely predictable - couldn't believe that Harrogate were not favourites before the game! If the embargo isn't lifted next week its non league guaranteed
It's got to be lifted otherwise we're wound up. Even if we survive and it is lifted, I fear panic signings and no improvement

I don't remember a game where I can't point to a single positive, even saying something nice about the kit to lighten the mood I can't be bothered with.

He's the reason we're in this ****ty predicament. He is as guilty for what happens on the pitch as the managers frankly. A massive dereliction of duty
His biggest mistake was appointing Kevin Bond.
That's where it started.
And hindsight being what it is, Bond saved us from a relegation.
Even so, blame Mr M for that appointment, not today's sack of s***.

His biggest mistake was appointing Kevin Bond.
That's where it started.
And hindsight being what it is, Bond saved us from a relegation.
Even so, blame Mr M for that appointment, not today's sack of s***.

He also should have appointed a CEO or DOF to deal with the signings and not gone after geriatrics.

Approach another team's manager without clearance maybe the gods won't smile on you?

Possibly the worst performance I have ever seen... unbelievably inept. Also quite unbelievable after last week.

That is possibly the worst performance from any Southend side I have ever seen. Given that we are southend and I've been going nearly 30 years, it's a big worry.

Harrogate aren't a good side. Just a solid well organised unit that showed a willingness to win.

I have no idea what to honestly think after that result

Back