• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United vs Harrogate Town

Approach another team's manager without clearance maybe the gods won't smile on you?

I love that no matter how **** we are, we’re still living in your heads rent free.

Got any more dross players we can thieve off you?

Gillingham were so complacent last week and barely got out of first gear, League Two is a very different matter. These players aren’t ready, not even close. And that isn’t their fault. I said yesterday I was seriously concerned this squad would take us out of the league this year and I see no reason to doubt that opinion after today. People need to wake up to the situation we’re in here, you can’t expect these kids to compete at this level without experience alongside them. And that’s the fault of the hierarchy, this club has been totally mismanaged and we’re now paying the price for that.
Getting a bit carried away lol one game means nothing but its alarmimg start for sure

If I knew once in my lifetime I wouldn't be allowed to attend football matches because of covid this is definitely the time period I'd have chosen, so there is that.....

So there has to be a scapegoat and Oxley is in the cross hairs it seems- do we think he has continually given the ball to our defenders in the box throughout because he has unilaterally chosen to do it off his own back, or do we think that is the tactics and he has been asked to do it?
Did u see how good he was against Coventry before being stretchered off? Amazing!! Today was a bad game for him but hes still probably one of the best goalies in the league 2.

So it is not the Chairman's fault we have not been able to put together a squad fit for purpose?
Correct! And here's why.
You have to back your manager; or there is no manager.
The chairman can't sign players and present them to the man in the dugout. Any numpty who's done so, and I can think of a few, have found the boss cold shoulder's them, and rightly so.
So, you have to back the boss. And backing Bond proved to be a disaster.
But what did we all know on May 4, 2019, eh?

Desperately trying to remember the game where Mel Capleton picked up a back pass, and the free-kick was hammered into his net.
I seem to remember he admitted he had forgotten the rule.
But yeah, this was one probably tops it for the way Hobson gave up.
I hope Chris Phillips asks him about it.

That was the first thing that came to my mind too. That was the most incompetent thing I'd seen a Southend player do until about an hour ago,

That was the first thing that came to my mind too. That was the most incompetent thing I'd seen a Southend player do until about an hour ago,

The Peter Taylor free-kick routine against Watford when two players ran into each other and Watford broke away and scored deserves a mention here too.

The Peter Taylor free-kick routine against Watford when two players ran into each other and Watford broke away and scored deserves a mention here too.
hahaha

Didn't Sammy once throw the ball straight at a striker to tap into an open goal? Seem to remember it on an old Danny Baker VHS.

hahaha

Didn't Sammy once throw the ball straight at a striker to tap into an open goal? Seem to remember it on an old Danny Baker VHS.

He once threw it in his own goal to make it 3-0 to Oxford.

Yep, not sure if Beefy is thinking of that or the time he booted it at Mr Karen Brady's arse and it bounced in.

Back