• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United vs Harrogate Town

Molesley must wonder what he has signed up to now, some of those goals were like a comedy farce, you folks must be wondering where this will all end. We did ok at Bradford today despite a few injuries, but we certainly need a striker or two as we are too lightweight in attack.

It was Bradbury yeah, but it was Roycie who was the keeper for QPR who smashed it into him. Must have been doing his old club a favour,

Molesley must wonder what he has signed up to now, some of those goals were like a comedy farce, you folks must be wondering where this will all end. We did ok at Bradford today despite a few injuries, but we certainly need a striker or two as we are too lightweight in attack.

Thoughts and prayers with all at Colchester United at this difficult time.

3-1 now to go down. Favourites! Can’t be many of us not thinking that’s not good odds?

You can still get 25-1 on Bolton who you feel are in a similar situation to us.

Not everyone's sadly. I'm wondering how soon Skybet will pay out on the 7/1 on us going down.

What an embarrassment we have become.

Getting a bit carried away lol one game means nothing but its alarmimg start for sure

I actually thought many got a bit carried away with the performance at Gillingham and suddenly thought these kids would be able to compete in League Two. The reality is we lost to a Gills side who played with 10 men for 40 minutes and today lost 2-0 at home to a Hull side who finished last season with an appalling record of 1-3-16 in the Championship which eventually relegated them. IMHO it’s no exaggeration to say that this is a far more worrying time than when Tilson and Sturrock arrived at the club at the start of their spells in charge. I felt more confident of retaining our league status back in 2004 and 2010 than I do now. Today’s result was poor but what do we all expect? They’re kids and it isn’t their fault. In my view it’s a blessing in disguise that fans aren’t allowed to attend games at the moment, it could have ruined some of these youngsters careers before they’ve even begun....

I actually thought many got a bit carried away with the performance at Gillingham and suddenly thought these kids would be able to compete in League Two. The reality is we lost to a Gills side who played with 10 men for 40 minutes and today lost 2-0 at home to a Hull side who finished last season with an appalling record of 1-3-16 in the Championship which eventually relegated them. IMHO it’s no exaggeration to say that this is a far more worrying time than when Tilson and Sturrock arrived at the club at the start of their spells in charge. I felt more confident of retaining our league status back in 2004 and 2010 than I do now. Today’s result was poor but what do we all expect? They’re kids and it isn’t their fault. In my view it’s a blessing in disguise that fans aren’t allowed to attend games at the moment, it could have ruined some of these youngsters careers before they’ve even begun....

You have made some really good points, Angell Delight. It is clear that the Chairman must back MM to give him a fighting chance of turning things round. The embargo must be lifted immediately. But I do sense that MM is clear-headed and really up for the struggle to turn the tide at Southend. I was impressed by MM's composure and post-match assessment.

They might be kids but they are professional footballers,if u are good enough then age doesn't apply,they looked like sunday league players yesterday,lets just hope this was a bad day at the office a one off.

3-1 now to go down. Favourites! Can’t be many of us not thinking that’s not good odds?

You can still get 25-1 on Bolton who you feel are in a similar situation to us.

I was already on you at much longer odds, but 3/1 still represents value IMHO. Wouldn’t take the Bolton bet; they’ve got enough about them not to go down. Carlisle, Stevenage, Barrow and Crawley will be the other sides down there with you. Perhaps Oldham and Scunthorpe. I’ve laid Bolton quite heavily for promotion, which is still the bet. Orient would actually be my choice in the handicap market, but I might not be 100% objective on that so I’ve avoided the bet.

They might be kids but they are professional footballers,if u are good enough then age doesn't apply,they looked like sunday league players yesterday,lets just hope this was a bad day at the office a one off.

Highly doubtful - I don’t believe it was on off-day but very much a sign of things to come if we aren’t able to recruit - but I hope I’m wrong and you’re right.

Highly doubtful - I don’t believe it was on off-day but very much a sign of things to come if we aren’t able to recruit - but I hope I’m wrong and you’re right.
But im sure when we have john white,harry Lennon, jason demitriou, and dieng back and we sign akinola were are looking much stronger

But im sure when we have john white,harry Lennon, jason demitriou, and dieng back and we sign akinola were are looking much stronger

Akinola would be a decent enough signing but we‘ll need so much more than just him. White is reasonably solid for this level, Lennon is an accident waiting to happen and has been ever since he joined the club, Demetriou is a decent player when he’s actually fit to play but his knees are shot and Dieng is a very average player even for League Two. If these are the players we’re pinning our hopes on to turn things around we’re in for another long, very hard and quite possibly devastating season. It will all come down to whether the debts can be cleared enough to have the embargo lifted so we can bring in some experience alongside these kids. If we can’t - we’ll it doesn’t bear thinking about does it....

Back