• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United vs Harrogate Town

Akinola would be a decent enough signing but we‘ll need so much more than just him. White is reasonably solid for this level, Lennon is an accident waiting to happen and has been ever since he joined the club, Demetriou is a decent player when he’s actually fit to play but his knees are shot and Dieng is a very average player even for League Two. If these are the players we’re pinning our hopes on to turn things around we’re in for another long, very hard and quite possibly devastating season. It will all come down to whether the debts can be cleared enough to have the embargo lifted so we can bring in some experience alongside these kids. If we can’t - we’ll it doesn’t bear thinking about does it....
Couldn’t agree more, I’m struggling to understand why such underwhelming players are now the life and blood of this team .... seems like we are clinking our hopes on the wrong people to me ? Bar white I’m not sure if any of the others mentioned either have the fight or determination or over 20 games in them

Couldn’t agree more, I’m struggling to understand why such underwhelming players are now the life and blood of this team .... seems like we are clinking our hopes on the wrong people to me ? Bar white I’m not sure if any of the others mentioned either have the fight or determination or over 20 games in them

So depressing isn’t it. Just a few short years ago we were watching the likes of Leonard, Wordsworth, Coker, Timlin, Atkinson, Cox, Ranger etc and now we’re condemned to watching a team of kids having their confidence shattered in League Two. The club has been totally mismanaged and we may very well lose our league status because of it. Those glory days under Tilson suddenly seem like an awful long time ago.

Back