• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United vs Harrogate Town

18 career goals for Southend in that starting XI.

Kelman 8 the most. Only Ralph, Kelman and Goodship have more than 1..

My only worry is that the midfield looks incredibly lightweight. Seriously missing that presence that Dieng brings. White is also a big miss. Nevertheless, we have to avoid defeat today against league new boys, that would be the worst possible start if we don’t. Come on lads!

I was expecting Phillips to get the nod over Gard, seeing as MM has preferred him throughout preseason.

Pleasently surprised though, as I rate Gard quite highly

Thanks
My only worry is that the midfield looks incredibly lightweight. Seriously missing that presence that Dieng brings. White is also a big miss. Nevertheless, we have to avoid defeat today against league new boys, that would be the worst possible start if we don’t. Come on lads!
Think it’s fair to say if we lose it will be the worst possible start. As opposed to winning or drawing.

I’m old and slow looking up stats , but can anyone tell me the average age of our starting ‘outfield ten’ ?

Thanks

Think it’s fair to say if we lose it will be the worst possible start. As opposed to winning or drawing.

Didn’t really come across what I was trying to say lol I simply meant losing to the leagues new boys would be somewhat humiliating in my opinion.. losing the first game against anyone however is of course never ideal!

Considering to watch on ifollow, would people recommend it?

Hopefully it’s our last Saturday with the embargo, but even then it doesn’t appear that we’ll be bringing much football league experience in with Akinola and McCarthy. It does cry out for a couple of old stagers though. Dare I say it, like Alan McCormack?

Back