• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United vs Morecambe FC. 26th September 2020 15:00hrs FL2

What would be your starting 11 for Saturday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
We need tenacity and endeavour in midfield. If he’s fit, I’d like to to see Demi play in the middle with AMc. Both like a tackle and are happy to sit deeper to cover the defence and allow the more attacking minded players to get fwd.

Of course we assuming that Akinola is left out because of fitness and not because of player registration (lack of). I truly hope it's the former. Does anyone on here know for sure??
I don't see how he can be registered, we were at the limit until Humphrys left but McCormack took his spot.

Don’t think Akinola will play as I’m not sure he can, but also remember MM saying he’s a few weeks away. So this one will probably be too soon for him. Hoping to have some of the injured lads back and if so, I would go for...

Oxley
Elvis, White, Hobson, Ralph
Macca, Dieng
Green, Hutchinson, Goodship
Kelman
I think Hutchinson is a far better number 10 than a central midfielder and it would be good to see him on the ball between the lines making something happen. Kelman did well as a lone striker towards the end of last season, but will need support. Hopefully with Macca and Dieng holding the middle of the park, the three behind Kelman can get forward.

Wouldn’t start Demi yet. Would have him on the bench to replace Macca in the 60th minute.

I know we havent got much cover in that area atm , but we have shipped in tonnes of goals from crosses and poor defending , it maybe an unpopular view but i would look at resting Elvis if we can get a decent replacement .
cant fault the guys effort and williness and he seems a great chap but we seem to get easily beaten down that side and crosses galore come into our box .

It hasn't been mentioned as far as I can see, but given that Carlisle had 1000 fans in attendance which must have given them some boost, perhaps the EFL will allow us to have support for this match -
Just seen today's briefing and you do wonder if anymore test events will be allowed at the moment. Not sure if any have been announced for this weekend?

I think though that it pretty much rules out any fans at all clubs in October or November unless the rate starts dropping.

Just let wives , parents, family , friends , acquaintances, press, stewards, cleaners, dog lovers, any form of lover , in might be a good starting point , oh and Rigsby?

No thanks Bazza. I will be going to a non league game to watch a certain player and it will be far more fun. Rather than stuck in the wrong stand and sitting with gaps around me, I will be free to move around and chat to others.

There will be zero abuse towards the players, their families or the manager. So they will happily be able to join us for a beer afterwards, with smiles on their faces....Which will make my day a lot better than suffering from iFolow buffering and 10 different thread's of the same thing.

No thanks Bazza. I will be going to a non league game to watch a certain player and it will be far more fun. Rather than stuck in the wrong stand and sitting with gaps around me, I will be free to move around and chat to others.

There will be zero abuse towards the players, their families or the manager. So they will happily be able to join us for a beer afterwards, with smiles on their faces....Which will make my day a lot better than suffering from iFolow buffering and 10 different thread's of the same thing.
Has your pain threshold barrier been worn down by the mighty blues! :Sad:

Has your pain threshold barrier been worn down by the mighty blues! :Sad:
I think I read Riggers post, and several over the last few seasons, slightly differently from you.
My take on his thoughts are possibly in line with mine, I can put up with the results and roll with the on field punches, (I hope you follow the analogy) but I am mightily peesst off with much of the crass and unpleasant nastiness from too many, a certain sizable minority, in the stands around Roots Hall.
The football has been poor but the "support" has been too often cringeworthy and made the whole match experience not nice.

I think I read Riggers post, and several over the last few seasons, slightly differently from you.
My take on his thoughts are possibly in line with mine, I can put up with the results and roll with the on field punches, (I hope you follow the analogy) but I am mightily peesst off with much of the crass and unpleasant nastiness from too many, a certain sizable minority, in the stands around Roots Hall.
The football has been poor but the "support" has been too often cringeworthy and made the whole match experience not nice.
Ah I see what you mean now. I think I may have read it too quickly and formed an incorrect vidw, although to be fair it was just a tongue in cheek jokey reply.
I must admit I have experienced seeing and hearing what you're referring to. Most notably for theo who I met quite a few times and found to be a really nice guy. Probably too nice for football to be fair.

Ah I see what you mean now. I think I may have read it too quickly and formed an incorrect vidw, although to be fair it was just a tongue in cheek jokey reply.
I must admit I have experienced seeing and hearing what you're referring to. Most notably for theo who I met quite a few times and found to be a really nice guy. Probably too nice for football to be fair.

In amongst an avalanche of fans blaming everyone else, you have summed up what is really wrong with the whole of modern professional football.

Lost 7-0 and had 28 shots against them with only 24% possession.

Can we bring back Anthony Straker just for Saturday?

I no we arent great but we have returning senior players for the this Saturdays game at home to our old nemesis morecombe and they have just been smashed 0-7 by newcastle,we must surely win this one.

Back