• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United vs Morecambe FC. 26th September 2020 15:00hrs FL2

What would be your starting 11 for Saturday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
I’m more nervous than ever about playing Morecambe now. Can you imagine how we’ll feel losing at home to a side that’s lost 0-5 and 0-7 in its last two home games..

I no we arent great but we have returning senior players for the this Saturdays game at home to our old nemesis morecombe and they have just been smashed 0-7 by newcastle,we must surely win this one.

I'm curious as to why they were smashed at home 0-5 by Cambridge on Saturday. If we had somehow got through to the second round of the Carabou Cup and drawn a Prem side I fear it would be double figures.

If they are also having to play their kids, I might fancy us for a point.

Senior player not available til November and akinola is not available.... still predicting a 2-1 win

Is White close to fitness? If he comes in to organise the kids I can see us putting in a better performance.

------------------------------OXLEY----------------------------
ELVIS---------------HOBSON----------WHITE----------RALPH
--------DEMETRIOU-------McCORMACK------GARD----------
-----------RUSH-------KELMAN-------GREEN------------------

subs:AKINOLA, GOODSHIP ,CLIFFORD, EGBRI , HUTCHINSON, SEADEN, DIENG

4-3-3 McCormack sitting deep allowing full backs to rampage forward down the flanks, Demi + Gard giving us energy in the middle + use the intelligence , pace + movement of that front 3 to blast a beleaguered Morcambe deep into the Estuary.

We are gonna win !!!!!!!!! :LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter:

------------------------------OXLEY----------------------------
ELVIS---------------HOBSON----------WHITE----------RALPH
--------DEMETRIOU-------McCORMACK------GARD----------
-----------RUSH-------KELMAN-------GREEN------------------

subs:AKINOLA, GOODSHIP ,CLIFFORD, EGBRI , HUTCHINSON, SEADEN, DIENG

4-3-3 McCormack sitting deep allowing full backs to rampage forward down the flanks, Demi + Gard giving us energy in the middle + use the intelligence , pace + movement of that front 3 to blast a beleaguered Morcambe deep into the Estuary.

We are gonna win !!!!!!!!! :LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter:
I dont think Akinola os registered to play yet we had one space as i understood and thats been taken by McCormack

I dont think Akinola os registered to play yet we had one space as i understood and thats been taken by McCormack

What a shambles. If he's good enough to be signed, make space for him. 20-odd years with current Chairman and he still acts like an amateur in some many ways...

A team could be on a 50 match losing streak and they'd still turn up and beat us. Shudder to think what newcastle might have done to us probably double figures. Saturday completely different though you would have to think we have a great chance of scoring our first league goal of the season.

What a shambles. If he's good enough to be signed, make space for him. 20-odd years with current Chairman and he still acts like an amateur in some many ways...
we have a lot of youngsters who have played a game for the first team so they count to the squad even if we do not plan to use them.

MM says Akinola is 2 weeks away from playing (that was last weekend) as he was getting fit as he had only been training on his own, so hopefully we can move someone out on loan and make space.

First things first.

We have to score a goal - any goal counts no matter how it goes it - even a Blair-ite "shin in" from 1 foot would do me if it gets our season going.

And I thought those first few weeks with Sturrock in charge were worrying.

I think Saturdays game will be a good measure of if we can compete in this league , my initial thoughts are we can and we will do ok this season , but we need to break this losing streak and fast , i don;t see there being anything to fear about Morecombe and a chance for us to go out and play and get some confidence behind us.
I will really start to worry if we don;t get anything out of Saturdays game - this surely is a winnable game and im confident of 3 points .

Back