• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United vs Morecambe FC. 26th September 2020 15:00hrs FL2

What would be your starting 11 for Saturday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
0-0 draw. Think positive. There will be 3 shots on target for both teams in the whole match. Nobody watching will feel any less ill having seen this, but we'll have some sort of number by our name.

Given their recent awful results I wouldn't be surprised if the opposition puts 10 men behind the ball at every opportunity to try and gain a point. Will be difficult to break down if that's the tactics especially with our limitations.

Given their recent awful results I wouldn't be surprised if the opposition puts 10 men behind the ball at every opportunity to try and gain a point. Will be difficult to break down if that's the tactics especially with our limitations.
Hopefully MM has been able to watch Morcombe's last game and has some ideas on dealing with them.

First things first.

We have to score a goal - any goal counts no matter how it goes it - even a Blair-ite "shin in" from 1 foot would do me if it gets our season going.

And I thought those first few weeks with Sturrock in charge were worrying.
At first I wondered what a poachers goal had to do with our former Prime Minister.
I think of those goals as a Dirk Kuyt after he scored a hattrick for Liverpool for an aggregate distance of about a yard. One of my favourite hattricks.

If Clifford, White and Dieng are fit then we could get something from this game. Albeit a point.

I've given up on Demetriou and Lennon. I can't remember what players were registered, but I would've left those out if they wasn't already.

At first I wondered what a poachers goal had to do with our former Prime Minister.
I think of those goals as a Dirk Kuyt after he scored a hattrick for Liverpool for an aggregate distance of about a yard. One of my favourite hattricks.

Not a Liverpool fan but I loved Dirk Kuyt.

Always turned up for big games.

Sorry - perhaps I should have been clearer - Blair Sturrock I was referring to.

Didn't he (Blair) score a magnificent goal from 1' out on his home debut? That won over all the doubters who thought he was just there because his dad was the manager ............. :Think:

Last edited:
GOAL: Southend 0-1 Morecambe (Stephen Hendrie 90+5)

FFS, it had to be him, didn't it. :Frustrated:

Last edited:
Well on the I follow coverage last week they mentioned we had only kept 2 clean sheets in over 50 odd games ...Which wouldn't be so bad if we were scoring some goals.Simply fear another defeat with such a poor squad.If MM can turn this round in the first 10 games he really will show great long term potential. We just can't afford to be adrift like last season so early on,and have to scape a result from somewhere very soon . 0- 2 Ft

Bad news John White pulled up in training and even worse Simeon with a possible quad injury, so those 2 out for a while?

On a more positive note Ron reckons Demi is in for Saturday, possibly Lennon .on bench or brief run out and Acquah to offer a bit more physical presence upfront

Well on the I follow coverage last week they mentioned we had only kept 2 clean sheets in over 50 odd games ...Which wouldn't be so bad if we were scoring some goals.Simply fear another defeat with such a poor squad.If MM can turn this round in the first 10 games he really will show great long term potential. We just can't afford to be adrift like last season so early on,and have to scape a result from somewhere very soon . 0- 2 Ft
For the last few seasons:

2015-16: 10 clean sheets. F58 A64.
2016-17: 14 clean sheets. F70 A53.
2017-18: 12 clean sheets. F58 A62.
2018-19: 11 clean sheets. F55 A68.
2019-20: 2 clean sheets. F39 A85.

The total for last season is in jut 35 games. Pro rata for a 46 game season that would be:

2019-20 pro rata: 2.6 clean sheets. F51.3 A111.7.

The last clean sheet in 2019-20 was against Bradford 19/01/19, We went 18 games after that without a clean sheet.

So we've had:

2 clean sheets in our last 55 league games
1 clean sheet in our last 28 league games (Tranmere 11/01/2020)

That's grim.

Bad news John White pulled up in training and even worse Simeon with a possible quad injury, so those 2 out for a while?

On a more positive note Ron reckons Demi is in for Saturday, possibly Lennon .on bench or brief run out and Acquah to offer a bit more physical presence upfront
Its a big leap to suggest that. Akinola needs a pre-season and some niggles to be expected. Hopefully nothing serious (but we don't know). However, thankfully the club were waiting until he was fit before registering him!! JW likewise hopefully precautionary.

Back