• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United vs Morecambe FC. 26th September 2020 15:00hrs FL2

What would be your starting 11 for Saturday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
May be harder for MM to assess Morecambe as they have just brought in 2 more players to add to the 8 already acquired. Our advantage is they dont know each other too well? but not sure that theory holds given Sturrocks efforts for us. As loaners pick up, they have one from Newcastle and one from Burnley as well as a freebie from West Ham. Who was our last Spammer?.
Before any comments on the failures of clubs who bring in the many, its very early days this season on that one and I could mention Cheltenham are top, who have also been very busy shopping

For the last few seasons:

2015-16: 10 clean sheets. F58 A64.
2016-17: 14 clean sheets. F70 A53.
2017-18: 12 clean sheets. F58 A62.
2018-19: 11 clean sheets. F55 A68.
2019-20: 2 clean sheets. F39 A85.

The total for last season is in jut 35 games. Pro rata for a 46 game season that would be:

2019-20 pro rata: 2.6 clean sheets. F51.3 A111.7.

The last clean sheet in 2019-20 was against Bradford 19/01/19, We went 18 games after that without a clean sheet.

So we've had:

2 clean sheets in our last 55 league games
1 clean sheet in our last 28 league games (Tranmere 11/01/2020)

That's grim.

Don‘t tell Phil Brown!

So the new lad Taylor is avail tomorrow. Wondering if he will likely be on bench though. JW and Akinola are out. Lennon will be on bench probs. Thinking Dieng and Demetriou may start though hopefully by looks of it. Improvement to starting line up tomorrow definitely.

The morning of the match has arrived, and with it a faint hope that we will beat our worst bogey team. How many other clubs can say that they have a far worse record against Morecambe than against both Manchester United and Man City....?

3 points an absolute must today. I know this lot have been somewhat of a bogey team for us but their last two performances/results have been even worse than ours so that gives me some confidence.

If it were me I’d go for “parking the bus” and a 0-0 draw, defend for our lives. Clean sheet and a point. I can’t see us winning but hope I’m wrong.

If it were me I’d go for “parking the bus” and a 0-0 draw, defend for our lives. Clean sheet and a point. I can’t see us winning but hope I’m wrong.
Yes, I have to agree with you. I think both sides, given recent results, will not want to concede. Unless Taylor can make a difference I can't sadly see, for the moment, where our next goal is coming from

Assuming MM will stick with 442. Ron’s statement suggested JD playing alongside Macca so I reckon:
Oxley
Elvis Hobson Taylor Clifford
Green Demi Macca Ralph
Acquah Kelman

The new signing won’t have trained but expect an appearance from the bench to replace the old boys legs unless Demi fails a fitness test and he might start.

On a couple of occasions Elvis did ok in the middle of the back last season; will MM be tempted to try and move him there in the hope he can rediscover some form?
Perhaps like this:
Ox
JD Elvis SH TC
TE AMcC TD JG
EA & CK
but have no idea of who is fit and who is not, or, come to that, who is registered to play!

Back