• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Been raining all afternoon here in Benfleet and hard as well for a lot of that time. Must admit, this is the only game recently that I am concerned might feasibly get called off.

Hope it's called off

Can't go
Think the players need a rest
The fans need a rest (private joke directed at someone)
And also it will leave Newport with a big fixture pile up having had quite a few of their games called off this month.

Hope it's called off

Can't go
And also it will leave Newport with a big fixture pile up having had quite a few of their games called off this month.

I don't! I'm coming back to Essex specially for the game. It'll be the 1st game I've seen since September!

I don't! I'm coming back to Essex specially for the game. It'll be the 1st game I've seen since September!

Same here and it probably be one of the few I will be able to make this season.

i really hope it is as the forecast for game time tomorrow is awful and going to make playing a passing game nigh on impossible...

Rain predicted to start late afternoon and continue into Sat morning. Ironically i'd imagine the game has a better chance of going ahead tomorrow than had it been on Saturday, due to the respite we now have for 16 hours.

Hope it's called off

Can't go

I'll add Prossers injury to this list as another reason I want this called off.

Heavy rain tomorrow please!!

Only a couple of reasons I can think of for hoping the game goes ahead. One is for Southend4eva........weren't they aiming to go to the game tonight before departing for down under tomorrow? (haven't heard from them since before Tuesday's game. You don't think they are still in the Daggers car park, waiting for a ferry? :omg:)
The other reason is that Newport, although refreshed from not playing, are on a poor run of form....may be a good time to play them.
Poor old Prosser......perhaps we should introduce a 'players medal for valour' for the season........he'd have already won it by a country mile! We will miss him, if the game goes ahead but with White back, Thompson just moves to the centre.

Only a couple of reasons I can think of for hoping the game goes ahead. One is for Southend4eva........weren't they aiming to go to the game tonight before departing for down under tomorrow?

Weren't they off to America if I remember rightly?

He's not the only person flying in for tonight's game (although he may be coming from slightly further than I am).

Game on please!!

Weren't they off to America if I remember rightly?

He's not the only person flying in for tonight's game (although he may be coming from slightly further than I am).

Game on please!!

OK Beefy, I'll add you to the reasons for the game going ahead! :smile: I can imagine how frustrated and annoyed I'd be if I'd flown back hoping to see a match, only to find it had been postponed. Are you returning solely for the game?

Back