• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
The Pilgrims next up at Roots Hall this Saturday. Like us they've had mixed fortunes so far. In the league its won one (2-0 Charlton) lost one (1-2 Peterborough). Sandwiched between those two was a 0-5 stuffing in the League Cup courtesy of Bristol City. So hopefully they won't be too buoyant before kick off.

Our starting 11 is going to be guess work after last Saturday, but it would not surprise me if we stay the same, barring injury, some pride to be recovered there I think. 5367 home seats 'sold' so far according to the stats so we're unlikely to match the Blackburn gate. I'm going for 2-1 to Southend. COYB

Oxley,
Demetriou, White, Ferdinand, Hendrie,
Kiernan,
Leonard, Timlin,
Kightly,
Cox, Fortune

Doing this I realised just how shallow our squad is. There is very little room to manoeuvre. Other than dropping Demetriou for White, McGlashan/Kightly for McLaughlin or MAF for Robinson I can't really see what changes he can make. Add a central midfielder? Yearwood who I don't think is ready or no-one.

Wouldn't be surprised if PB sends out the same side so they can put Saturday performance behind them.If Ferdinhand isn't fit then Kier nan comes in

Kiernan and Ferdinand at the heart of defensive for me, the rest need to pull there socks up and quick.

Oxley,
Demetriou, White, Ferdinand, Hendrie,
Kiernan,
Leonard, Timlin,
Kightly,
Cox, Fortune

Doing this I realised just how shallow our squad is. There is very little room to manoeuvre. Other than dropping Demetriou for White, McGlashan/Kightly for McLaughlin or MAF for Robinson I can't really see what changes he can make. Add a central midfielder? Yearwood who I don't think is ready or no-one.

Nothing wrong with being shallow :raspberry:

Kiernan would have had 3 weeks training and 2 hours match time. Is that enough to come in? Isn't there an under 23 game this week too?

Is Woody fit enough to start if he gets an hour in midweek?

Could even Ranger make the bench?

Another poor defeat could be very damaging to morale. Think it might make PB make done decisions and bring players back who aren't ready.

Plymouth Argyle will not be an easy team to overcome. I hope Phil Brown realises, after his remarks about how tall the Rotherham forwards were, that Plymouth's striker Jake Jervis (who scored both goals in their win last Saturday) is 6' 4" tall. That's SIX FOOT FOUR INCHES Phil, and Jervis' striking partner Nathan Blissett is.... 6' 4" too!!

Please be ready for that this time around...

Not only are there strikers big so are there centre backs Ryan Edwards is 6`3 and Sonny Bradley is 6`5 and he scored 7 goals last season. Just hope we don't play hoof ball on Saturday ! just wonder if PB has a cunning plan to overcome Plymouth on Saturday ?:unsure:
Plymouth Argyle will not be an easy team to overcome. I hope Phil Brown realises, after his remarks about how tall the Rotherham forwards were, that Plymouth's striker Jake Jervis (who scored both goals in their win last Saturday) is 6' 4" tall. That's SIX FOOT FOUR INCHES Phil, and Jervis' striking partner Nathan Blissett is.... 6' 4" too!!

Please be ready for that this time around...

Bradley will almost certainly be up for all set pieces and corners. Not sure what there tactics are away to a vulnerable team like us at the moment, but can only assume from my PA workmates that we are going to get an a lot of high balls pumped in to there tall and mobile strikers. I just hope the players are up for this game, as they have a lot to prove after 2 inept performances !
Will they play in a certain way?

Oxley
White Ferdinand Kiernan
Demitriou Leonard Wordsworth/Timlin Hendrie
Kightly
MAF Cox

The only difference I see to that would be playing similar to Chelsea last season with MAF Cox and Kightly as a front 3

This has become one of the most important league matches that we've had in recent times (putting aside end of season must-wins), because everything seemed wrong on Saturday. We weren't just defeated, we were spanked and several players didn't seem too interested. A win is vital on Saturday as is the attitude of the team. If we are to challenge for promotion this season we need greater commitment and determination. I agree that we should keep last Saturday's team largely intact in order to give them a chance to show "that we will never play like that again". Failure against Plymouth should lead to several changes, even if it does mean giving the kids a chance.

This whole thread is beginning to sound like Armageddon is upon us. We got thrashed, get over it and move on. It has happened many times before and doubtless will so again. Football is a funny old game as somebody once said, things can turn round very uickly. COYBB

This whole thread is beginning to sound like Armageddon is upon us. We got thrashed, get over it and move on. It has happened many times before and doubtless will so again. Football is a funny old game as somebody once said, things can turn round very uickly. COYBB

Indeed, Luton beat Yeovil 8-2 in the first game and then Yeovil won their next game and Luton lost!

Its 1 game people, we need a reaction for sure but in reality what happens on saturday is not going to define our whole season.

Back