• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United vs Plymouth Argyle

Whilst I agree we have “nothing to play for” this is still unacceptable. Players should be fighting for there positions and on current showing all of but a couple should be binned next season. Utter trash.

Now that I can agree with. The attitude of the players we have is shocking. Too many big time Charlies on the way down or no hopers who will never go higher. We need a major clearout

Calm down people. This season is over, we aren’t going up or down. Next season is more important - and continuity is too. I would question whether Powell has the right support: it will be interesting to see whether Keen and the other bloke stay beyond the end of the season

We are playin 23rd in the league and looming by far 2nd best. I wouldn’t be so sure.

We are playin 23rd in the league and looming by far 2nd best. I wouldn’t be so sure.

If we had started this XI all season we would be bottom of the league, below Plymouth. But we didn’t. Nor will be for the future fixtures. I do wish people would keep a sense of proportion and perspective!

Kightly coming on?! FFS ! Bloke needs to lose a stone and start running... Surely you’d bring McLaughlin or one if the fit n hungry youngsters on...

Don’t know why CP doesn’t favour McLaughlin maybe he’s not fit.

If we had started this XI all season we would be bottom of the league, below Plymouth. But we didn’t. Nor will be for the future fixtures. I do wish people would keep a sense of proportion and perspective!

Powell has had 11 days knowing he only had one fit striker. He also has had since Tuesday knowing Moore was 50/50. Plenty of time for something to have been sorted but he hasn’t.

Even Marvel Comics couldn't write an extreme sci- fi story-line then that of our injuries this season!!

Last edited:
Now that I can agree with. The attitude of the players we have is shocking. Too many big time Charlies on the way down or no hopers who will never go higher. We need a major clearout

I question the mentality of any player who shows no professional pride, like many of them are currently showing. Disgusting performance thus far. I blame CP as much as the players though. That said I’m not so convinced we are absolutely safe, these kind of performances can snow ball and before you know it we’ve lost 4/5 in a row and be right in the dog fight.

The majority of players are showing no professional pride what so ever. We are playing one of the worst teams in the league and are second best and that’s being kind. These players are playing for their futures and on this showing the majority need binning in the summer.

Missing my first home match today due to my wife’s accident. Sounds like my luck is changing for better.

Gutless, pathetic, spineless.. unwarranted of playing for this football club. That’s just a short summary of some of the players performance that first half.

H/T = 0-1

Very very very poor.

If the first team, can't do it, mix it up, and give it to the youth that are hungry to prove their metal for a regular 1st team place.

Back