• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United vs Plymouth Argyle

The worry is that it is not just a bad day at the office, it was predictable following Tuesday's performance and it is difficult, with the available squad, seeing how we get out of this sequence and avoid slipping down the table.

Question. How did PB manage to attract some great players to the club over last couple of years but we struggling more now?

Contacts, favours and of course the PB charm. He knew in the summer of 2017 he had run out of favours. We didn't even have a mid fielder lined up last January and we knew Lenny was going.

For such occasions the swear filter should be disabled, just so people can truly vent their frustrations through the art of swearing.

In which case all expletives have to show meter, fluency and a few Iambic pentameters thrown in for good measure. Art of swearing? Seriously? I'll see if Ben Elton's free...

Still think we’ve no chance of getting relegated?

I didn’t say ‘no chance’, but I did say we won’t - which remains my opinion.

If we play this same XI until the end of the season we will definitely be relegated (especially as most of them will be injured between now and then)...

However we won’t. Moore will return, Oxley will return, Lennon will return, Theo will and so will Demetriou. Even Kiernan might possibly. Add to that some action in this window, which it is surely obvious to Ron by now is absolutely necessary, and I am confident we will get the six wins we need by May.

The worry is that it is not just a bad day at the office, it was predictable following Tuesday's performance and it is difficult, with the available squad, seeing how we get out of this sequence and avoid slipping down the table.

These last two performances are cause for concern. If we aren’t careful this could snow ball in to a seriously bad run of form and just like that we are in the relegation dog fight. Serious questions need asking of the players, management and even those behind the scenes who deal with incoming transfers. We aren’t careful we could find ourselves in that horrid dog pit of a league again.

Back