• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United vs Port Vale 31st October 2020 15:00hrs FL2

What would be your starting 11 for Saturday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Er.....5 year’s after he left them.
They are indeed one of 15 clubs who haven’t managed to teach him how to control the ball or shoot straight .
I must own up to a previous mistake: I’d suggested most of Theo’s goals for Colchester came in the dying embers but it was the previous season at Swindon when some on here started claiming he was up to the higher League One standard .For Swindon he did somehow in his 16 games,find the net 7 times but 5 were in the closing stages.

How about trying Goodship and Rush up top?

White, McCormack and Akinola are going to be so important to our season. I'm praying just one of them will be fit for Saturday.

I don't want to try reinventing the wheel with another formation but we're so light upfront I think we should try a 4-3-3 when Akinola is fit of Akinola, Acquah and ANG. See if Akinola and ANG can drop back and push up well enough to make it work.

Anyway not really a lineup but just a thought.

Funny how certain people decry Robinson scoring a "mere" 7 goals in 16 games for Swindon. I would be staggered if Acquah got that many in a season for us. I would have Robinson back without a shadow of a doubt.
I
Funny how certain people decry Robinson scoring a "mere" 7 goals in 16 games for Swindon. I would be staggered if Acquah got that many in a season for us. I would have Robinson back without a shadow of a doubt.
I was definitely never decrying his 7 in 16 record for Swindon in League 2 —it’s more than acceptable by any standards.What I was doing was explaining how he managed it and why Swindon knew they could find better even at that level.And you’re right,Acquah is unlikely to score (that many?at all ?) this season. I’d like to believe Goodship could ,in the right circumstances.

Why are people still choosing Oxley, give Mr Seaden a run of games. Highly rated and spent parts of last season with Arsenal as they needed some cover in training, they also highly rated him. Can’t be any worse?

I understand why people would say this but i just don't think it's a wise move swapping experience for another youngster in our current situation. Ox is quite verbal and that's crucial at the moment. Granted there are times he needs to be more controlling.

Interested in listening to Paul Clarks comments Tuesday night, He said that Paul Brush ( i dont know why PB would pass a comment ) said that Sterling doesnt like the ball
to his head? chest , in the air, and doesnt like the ball played to feet !

Fantastic !

Paul Brush did say though that he likes the ball played alongside him to be able to run onto?

Cheered me up no end on the possibility of him scoring

I understand why people would say this but i just don't think it's a wise move swapping experience for another youngster in our current situation. Ox is quite verbal and that's crucial at the moment. Granted there are times he needs to be more controlling.
Would you not give Ox a rest and let Seadon gain some experience and possibly make Ox fight for his place?
Great opportunity for a young keeper with no crowd to hound any mistake!

Ive just about been an Ox fan over Seadon, Based on size, experience, especially in a young side etc, ability to kick the ball miles , (apart from when we have been playing backwards football recently)

But of late his reactions look pretty slow, Paul Clark laughing about failing to save that penalty, stuck to his line despite size and not commanding box and driving through opponents, , but looking very slow to get down on the ground, Its like watching a beached whale

Im sure Seadons reactions would be quicker , especially the diving about bit, so slowly moving towards giving Seadon. a chance but, how does he get any opportunity unless the Ox back packs up again?

I think in different circumstances with more worldly experience in the team this might happen. Just can't see it happening at the moment. Might be a brave step too far currently.
But I can definitely appreciate all your current observations of ox. So much he could do better but seadon won't have ox's experience to direct his defence. Not that it appears to be helping much.
Id hope he plays the upcoming cup game though

I just looked at the usual pre match voting for the port vale game and im absolutely gobsmacked!! Why on earth is no one voting for alan maccormack 17% and akinola 22%? They've been close to returning from injury for weeks now especially akinola and even mm said they will be back out training so why is no one voting for them to play? Long overdue wouldent u say? They have to play this weekend.

Having a tenner on both Robinson and Worrall to score.

It would be nice to get a positive result after today’s positive news from the courts. I’m not overly optimistic though.

I just looked at the usual pre match voting for the port vale game and im absolutely gobsmacked!! Why on earth is no one voting for alan maccormack 17% and akinola 22%? They've been close to returning from injury for weeks now especially akinola and even mm said they will be back out training so why is no one voting for them to play? Long overdue wouldent u say? They have to play this weekend.

If they have 17% and 22% voting for them then people are voting for them.

If you can't get something as simple as that right, then nobody is going to take any notice of any of your posts

Back