• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United vs Port Vale 31st October 2020 15:00hrs FL2

What would be your starting 11 for Saturday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If they have 17% and 22% voting for them then people are voting for them.

If you can't get something as simple as that right, then nobody is going to take any notice of any of your posts
The point im trying to make is they both should be 100%!! these players are the players who was signed to make a difference its an opportunity to have a stronger side for once.Not sure if u noticed ? But the players who have been playing havent won a match yet.

The point im trying to make is they both should be 100%!! these players are the players who was signed to make a difference its an opportunity to have a stronger side for once.Not sure if u noticed ? But the players who have been playing havent won a match yet.

Just because they are fit enough to train doesn't mean they are fit enough to start a football match.

I'd imagine the reason people haven't voted for them is because they are not sure how for these players are.

As soon as they are in a match day squad, you will probably find that the next vote will have them with a much higher %

Why would we put them straight back into the starting line-up when they’re only just returning to training? Surely that’s the fastest way to put them out for the season. I read it that White was closest, but I expect MM to phase them back in.

Why would we put them straight back into the starting line-up when they’re only just returning to training? Surely that’s the fastest way to put them out for the season. I read it that White was closest, but I expect MM to phase them back in.
Because we are a desperate for a result and the longer we dont get one the chances are we will get cut adrift at the bottom.

Everyone wants Akinola and Macca (and White) to play I’m sure, but how often have we rushed back injured players only for them to break down again straight away. I’d sooner write off another game or two and know when they do come back they are properly fit rather than risk them too soon.

Because we are a desperate for a result and the longer we dont get one the chances are we will get cut adrift at the bottom.
You’re more desperate than me then Steve as I’d rather have those three fitter for longer and gain more positive results throughout the season.

Let’s see though, I’m sure MM will be just as keen to get them playing and will phase them in as soon as they’re ready.

Everyone wants Akinola and Macca (and White) to play I’m sure, but how often have we rushed back injured players only for them to break down again straight away. I’d sooner write off another game or two and know when they do come back they are properly fit rather than risk them too soon.
But how many games can we risk? As people keep saying they will need game time for match fittness,we cant afford to let them play in the 23s and risk loosing them in a nothing game! If it means rushing them back now and akinola scoring us the winner then so be it,its worth the risk.

But how many games can we risk? As people keep saying they will need game time for match fittness,we cant afford to let them play in the 23s and risk loosing them in a nothing game! If it means rushing them back now and akinola scoring us the winner then so be it,its worth the risk.
Worth the risk of him pulling up and not playing the next ten games? I don’t think we’ll agree on this ?

Ox

Demi, Hobson, Lennon, Cliffod

Elvis, Taylor, Olay, ANG

Sterling, Goodship.

I get we don’t have an abundance of choice right now and I’m also usually reluctant to run any of our players down , but Sterling has been woeful for us ( apart from getting a ‘dubious’ penalty ).
He clearly doesn’t want the ball and doesn’t close down either.
Really disappointed in him so far.

Ox

Elvis White Lennon Clifford

Egbri Demi Taylor Olayinka ANG

Emile

Emile on his own works for, but when he drops deep to get the ball , The midfield need to get beyond him and get in behind.

As soon as Emile controls the ball, Egbri and ANG should be on the shoulder of the defenders.

Oxley
Demi Hobson Lennon Clifford
Dieng Taylor Olayinka
Egbri ANG
Goodship​

White in for Hobson if he’s ready. I don’t think we have a target man and I think Goodship has more goal potential than the other options. I’d like to see some movement up front and plenty of options for moving the ball forwards. I’d also like the euro millions numbers for tonight but hey!

I don’t for a minute think MM will set up like this, but I’d like to see it especially to stop Acquah being pushed up front alone.

I get we don’t have an abundance of choice right now and I’m also usually reluctant to run any of our players down , but Sterling has been woeful for us ( apart from getting a ‘dubious’ penalty ).
He clearly doesn’t want the ball and doesn’t close down either.
Really disappointed in him so far.
So u put him in your starting eleven?

Oxley
Demi Hobson Lennon Clifford
Dieng Taylor Olayinka
Egbri ANG
Goodship​

White in for Hobson if he’s ready. I don’t think we have a target man and I think Goodship has more goal potential than the other options. I’d like to see some movement up front and plenty of options for moving the ball forwards. I’d also like the euro millions numbers for tonight but hey!

I don’t for a minute think MM will set up like this, but I’d like to see it especially to stop Acquah being pushed up front alone.
Aqua should be no where near a football pitch.

I can't see these players making much of a difference, well two of them at least .mcormack for instance is only here until January can't see him playing no more than ten games as for white well he will brake his other arm

Back