• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United vs Portsmouth FC

After that first half, the point was brilliant but you can't expect to get anywhere playing as badly as we did in that first half.

The starting midfield four were bloody awful. Very worrying times

And that's the issue. They should of known before that, and that is Powell job to make them believe!

Well telling them and them believing it is all down to confidence - looks like he has done his job.

5 academy players and 2 young loan players 21 and 22 on at the end and a well earned point.

Powell is getting a lot of stick on here, but lets not forget it was Brown who signed Kiernan and Kightly on long term deals when they can't or don't want to play and are on big money. Powell's signings may have struggled but his hands must be tied by the wage budget and big wages already on it. Let him get shot of the terrible players he inherited before we jump on his back. If someone had told you we would be playing a top three team with Bishop, Bwomono, Klass and Wabo on at the end of the game at the start of the season i doubt anyone would have suggested we would have not lost it.

Evans is available and at the ground!
I would seriously halt my support of a club I've followed for 57 years if Evans ever got near Roots Hall.
The stories in football against that tub of lard are legion. Remember Boston? Ask Ben Pringle, now at Tranmere, about his treatment at the hands of Evans. He's an awful man.

And that's the issue. They should of known before that, and that is Powell job to make them believe!

Wimbledon beat West Ham 4-2 (bless 'em!) and their manager said that they had just proved what they could do, and that it should take the pressure off them in the league. Next league game, they freeze and get stuffed. It's a lot harder to inspire a team than the average punter thinks, especially one that has had as many changes this season as Southend.

Powell should get credit for having kept us out of the relegation zone thus far, and he has been very measured and clever in the way he is introducing our academy lads, because it would be very easy to just chuck them in and watch them sink.

Hopefully drop Mantom next week and make Cox captain as he finished today. Just shows what the young lads can do if given a chance with Klass having a better game today after he came on and I thought Hutchison and Wabo late on made a lot of difference and would give all three a start next week :Thumbs up:

I wonder, and would like to hear peoples views on Wabo. There's been a lot of talk about his loans. Today he put on a blue shirt a few leagues above those loans and sounded decent.

Excellent points two Saturdays running against top 6 sides. Great effort maybe our luck is turning.

I wouldn’t speak too quickly.

We’ve lost another two players to injury, in Kightly & Humphreys.

Being on loan and surrounded by poorer players who you don’t know and who don’t know you is not a fair reflection on anyone....

The kid looks the happiest kid in the world pulling that shirt on and that can carry you a long way....

Read the whole thread after getting back from the game.Not sure what changed the team? Was it putting Dieng up with Cox ? Or just getting Dieng out of midfield ?

Hart is struggling in a back 4 , particularly when the winger in front of him doesn’t track back.. Elvis to a lesser extent.
Once Klass was on the two CBS had someone to do the fetching and carrying which meant we could look for a through ball to the forwards / wingers.

Wabo was good with runs off the ball, so was Hutchinson with runs from midfield

Wabo is fast, strong and enthusiastic. He should feature as a sub after about 60 minutes for a game or two and then make starts - he'll thrive.

Back